Thread: Miss Peggotty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Miss Peggotty

Dear Marianne,
    I have been thinking about you and precious Peg so much lately. Sending lots of love and many hugs across the miles, especially today. You are in my thoughts on this difficult day. Always in loving memory of your beautiful beautiful girl. xo

Love,
    Tina
    The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be. ~ Konrad Lorenz

The beautiful ones you always seem to lose. ~ Prince

And the road goes on forever... ~ Gregg Allman

So hard to believe it's been a year already...seems like yesterday, but also such a long time when you think about the last time you held them. Many, many hugs, Marianne...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Loving hugs from me too.

Joining the others in sending you hugs from across the miles.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Thank you so very much, everybody. It is a very hard day for me, and it helps knowing you're all here. I've been trying to somehow fashion it in my mind as a "Re-Birthday" or anniversary of the day Peg was freed from pain and the confines of her worn out body. But I'm not getting much mileage out of that.

There is not a morning that dawns or a day that passes without me thinking about her. So at least in my mind's eye, she is never far away. But I still miss her so, and nothing can ever change that. Not today or any day.

Thank you so much for your warm thoughts, and especially for remembering her alongside me. She was such a good girl and so worthy of being remembered and honored. My shiny black dog and now my sweet angel. Mommy loves you forever.

It was just yesterday she had to leave, wasn't it? No, no...it was ages ago, right? Time doesn't work right when grief is present. On one hand it seems like our baby girls were just here, right here, under our touch....but on the other hand it seems like decades since we've seen them. Hopefully time is different for them - years seeming like minutes. I just know they miss us, too. And one day we will be with them again.

Many hugs, dear lady!
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I join you in honoring our sweet Peg. Our shiny, black girl, with huge bear paws and heart of gold.

Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Thank you all again. It helps to know I'm not alone. I honestly think today is even harder for me than the day after Peg died. Everything happened so fast and I was really in shock back then. I felt almost numb. Since then, there have been many rough days during the past year, including all the "firsts." But even with the firsts, I felt a connection between past and present. And the connection helped me somehow, even though it hurt. Don't know if that makes any sense at all, but there was some comfort along with the hurt..

But today -- one year plus one day -- it just hurts really bad. It feels like she's finally really gone. From now on it will just be one year adding to another year and the time will keep falling away from the time when we were together. It will be harder for me to recall all the little things that bound our lives together. I'll remember that they happened, but it'll be harder to relive how they felt. That makes me so sad.

But I promise that I'll never forget how much I love her. I will never, ever forget that. That is one promise I know I will keep, and it will feel as alive as the first day I laid eyes on her and held her in my arms. My precious baby girl.