Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fergus - Just diagnosed

Default Re: Just diagnosed

Quote Originally Posted by labblab View Post
    Just want to point out to everybody that Lynne's dog weighs 42 kg. and not 42 lbs. Per our recommended formula, a reasonable starting dose would be a daily total of approx. 92 mg. (42 x 2.2). So it is actually not all that far off from the vet's figure of 110 mg. But that needs to be the daily total, and not doubled if he is dosed twice daily.

Marianne
    Oh jeez, good catch Marianne! I read that, twice, and wrote 2.2mg/kg but still didn't calculate it right. Oops.

Thanks for quoting me, Shana! I had just gone back to edit my post and stupidly pushed the wrong button and totally deleted it . So I am really glad you had quoted me!

God ca h!!!! I was totally in pound land. Argh. Maybe a 60 morning 30 night. As is not easy to get compounded if at all in UK
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi everybody,thank you so much for replying,I feel I have learned a few new things already,I will ask my vet for a copy of the results so that I can post them and be sure to ask many questions before I go ahead,since being on here I have taken In more information than I did before and I'm very sorry I have not been much help with your questions but I have just been so frantic with worry about my boy,he is 10 years old and I hope to have him with me quite some time yet,to be honest I have not spoken to my vet face to face,only on the telephone so I intend to go and see him next week,I feel I have so much more to understand and your help is so very much appreciated please.
    Thank you
    Lynne xx

Hi Lynne,

Welcome to you and your boy from me as well! The others have gotten you off to a really good start, I just have one question Has diabetes been ruled out? Increased urination and drinking are symptoms of diabetes.

Hugs, Lori

Shanna and Sharlene, you may have been thinking in pounds but Lynne did mention in a subsequent post that her vet wanted her pup on 110mg twice a day so even in kilograms, your concerns are more than justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley PoMMom View Post
    Hi Lynne,

Welcome to you and your boy from me as well! The others have gotten you off to a really good start, I just have one question Has diabetes been ruled out? Increased urination and drinking are symptoms of diabetes.

Hugs, Lori
    Hi Lorie thank you,yes,diabetes as ruled out,I thought it could be that too but it came back negative xx

Default Weight

Hi everybody,one of my concerns about my boy is weight gain,he has put on quite a bit of weight recently despite nothing changing in his diet,I'm quite careful about not over feeding because he only has little legs,since finding out he has cushings I've cut back even further but he seems to be still gaining,I know this can be because of this condition and this may seem like a silly question but when he starts treatment will it help stabilise his weight? He also has a very large fatty lump on his side which is so close to the ground my vet told me if it gets scrapped it will become ulcerated and dogs with Cushing don't heal the same,it's started to scrape on the ground and now I keep him on grass but it's still a worry
    Thank you very much
    Lynne xxx

Default Re: Fergus - Just diagnosed

MODERATOR NOTE: I have merged your post about weight into Fergus’s original thread. We like to keep all posts about each pup in a single thread as it makes it easier for members, and parents, to refer back to the pup's history when needed. I also change the title of his thread to add his name, making it easier to find. Thanks!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.