Hello to all of the great members here. My name is Carol. My little furchild was named Princess. She left me in Feb. 2014. When I first was told she had Cushings I was scared and cried for days. My vets said she had about two years. Than I did a very foolish thing. I put my trust entirely in her vets. Her cortisol was a roller coaster. Series of ups and down. At one time it did dip to low. Than there was the muscle weakness, tiredness, breathing loud, the seizures. Just part of the disease ,I was told. Anyhow to get to the point---After she left ,I cried several times every day, lost 10 pounds,never ate , slept and dragged myself to work. This went on for a year. After that as well as today, I still cry every day. .It is a little easier but I still miss her so much. As time moves along the hurt heals a little. But When your heart is broken in a million pieces, when it finally starts to mend ,there still is a crack in the heart that never heals. So what I am saying the vets do not know everthing about this disease. Some have very little knowledge. You can not totally rely on them. Now I found this site, as I still think about if something else could have been done for her. I was truly amazed at all the knowledge as well as support and compassion on this site. you people are doing a wonderful service. I even thought some of the ones might be vets. All I want to say is good job and please keep it up. Wish I had found this place when Princess was here. Loving thoughts to everyone. Carol. Not for sure if this will be posted.