Page 54 of 224 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Squirt - my Queen has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Squirt - Atypical; melatonin, lignans and Lysodren maintenance

How is squirt? Thinking of you both

hugs,
    Sharlene
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi ya'll,

Old-age related incontinence; 1/4 Proin daily. While this is not bad news, I cried all the way home. My Sweet Bebe is old and things are wearing out. I don't want her to be old and wearing out.

She started the med last nite as Dr B said this can cause some inappetence and this schedule will give her the longest time between meals in case she does lose her appetite. Oddly, I had to go find her and wake her for supper last nite. She is the one who always reminds me it's going to be time to eat in two hours! She ate her supper with no problem, it is just not usual for her to be asleep at supper time.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the Queen
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Awww...praying the Squirt doesn't lose her appetite. It is so hard when they refuse to drink or eat.
    Keeping Squirt in happy thoughts and many cuddles.
    Belinda Creel,
    Mom of Angel Bo, My Little Latte and now our newest Toby.

My Sweet Bebe is old and things are wearing out. I don't want her to be old and wearing out.
    I know exactly what you mean. When I say that about Zoe to hubby he gently reminds me that he and I have the same problemHopefully for Squirt it is just a bump in the road toward old age.

Maybe she was just tired from the vet visit. I hope she is better today.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Cleo was on that as well. After the first few days she was perfect! I was so happy to have her back in bed with me & no more accidents while she was sleeping. I know she hated having accidents too. so it made her a happy girl as well.

I do know what you mean thou. One time I took her to the vet when she was about 9 & the vet called her a "senior" I immediately burst into tears. I just HATE that word.
    Amy & my sweet boy Boriss (Cushings Diagnosed 8/30/12 & Trilo start 20mg 9/8/12 switched to Vetoryl 30mg 10/8/12)
    Grateful for every day I have with my baby Boriss. I am lucky to have so much love in my life.

My Dear Friend,
    I know I haven't posted much, but I do peek in and check on you and your babies. Squirt is just so darn cute. I remember the first time I saw her and was surprised at how small she is I'll never forget that sweet face and how she stuck to you like glue.

Kind of in the same boat with our Rozee, as you know, she's turned 17 and now instead of reminding me it's dinner or treat time... it's me reminding her

Keeping you and the babies in my thoughts and prayers as always.

(((HUGS)))
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Leslie: I hope Squirt and you slept well and she is up and asking for her breakfast this morning. Hugs, JoAnne

Thanks, ya'll! Squirt had another rough nite as we had storms again and I wasn't prepared for them. When I know they are coming, I will wrap her while she is still calm and give her .2mg Passionflower tea plus an extra 1.5mg of melatonin and that helps her get through them better. But we managed and she finally fell asleep around 1AM. Next pay period, we are going to get a Thundershirt and try that.

Yesterday, I had to wake her for both meals but this morning she was up and instigating the Barkfest. I noticed little dribbles at her feed bowl both meals yesterday and had to clean her back end a couple of times but this morning there were no dribbles at the feed bowl. So I hope the Proin has kicked in.

You all mean the world to me. I read your stories and often sit here and cry my eyes out before I can say a word to you. I carry each of you and your babies in my Soul. So many of us are walking that path of anticipatory grief not only with our cush babies but with others who share our homes and hearts. I hope you find the same comfort that I do in knowing we do not walk this portion of our paths alone.

Many hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie,
    That is WOOHOO news!!! And, if you do buy the Thundershirt, let us know your experience. My dogs have never feared things like thunderstorms but they do get anxious when we go to the vet's office.
    I just want to tell you: you have such a gift of sharing words of comfort and strength. I truly admire your knowledge and compassion when it comes to dealing with all the things that we deal with on a day to day basis; not only with our fur babies but with our other issues.
    For that, I want to thank you!!
    Belinda Creel,
    Mom of Angel Bo, My Little Latte and now our newest Toby.

Oh Leslie, that is such good news this morning. So happy to hear that the barkfest has resumed and she is eating ok, and that the dribbling has stopped! It is so hard to accept the signs of aging in our babies, I remember going through that with my Lab, and feeling that it snuck up so fast.

Since I have spent so much time at my vets lately, I noticed for the first time that they have printed flyers about those Thundershirts out on their counter now. I will have to ask my vet what she knows about them. Jasper was on amitriptylline for several yrs to help with anxiety related to thunderstorms and other things, but we had to take him off it when we started the Lysodren. So it may be something that I will need to check out at some point also.

Thank you again for your support and words of wisdom over these past few days. You are a gem.

Love and hugs to you, Squirt, and the rest of your gang,

Tina and Jasper