Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: My girl pug (confirmed Cushings & confirmed calcinosis cutis) / Tobey has passed

Default Re: My girl pug (possible cushings & confirmed calcinosis cutis) / Introduction

I feel so bad for anyone having to deal with this CC it is surely a horrible thing to try and get rid of. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Default Re: My girl pug (possible cushings & confirmed calcinosis cutis) / Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by thecoz View Post
    yes, that stuff is very strong and we aren't supposed to let our other dogs near Cosmo for an hour after applying...because you can't let them touch it. When Cosmo's lesion peeled, the skin underneath looked very pink. I wouldn't say it looked burnt though. Our vet suggested dividing Cosmo's body into thirds, so each day only one-third of his cc area is getting an application of the DMSO. Therefore, each area/spot is getting the med only once every three days. It's slow going, but it's working.
    Yes, the skin is very pink and raw looking, like it had been burned and now peeling away. I think exactly what you are describing.

I have been putting the DMSO on daily, not every three days... hmm... It smells so horrible, none of the other pugs come near it. And, every time I let them sniff part of her lesions, they take a sniff and back away from it. Its like they know its bad.
    Reneé
    Mom to Tobey, Ichiro & Skeeter. Foster mom for Polar Pug Rescue

“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance…there is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.”—Cardinal John Henry Newman

Renee:
    This CC is certainly such a terrible thing to try and cure. I am sure your other babies can smell the flesh disintegrating. This has to one of the more wretched things this Cushings does. I am so sorry you and your baby have to go thru this. It hurts me just thinking about it. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Thanks Patti. It is really hard, almost worse than any other symptom at the moment. It sounds gross, but you know how dogs are, my Ichiro would eat any scab (barf), but he won't go near these lesions. I keep wondering how many layers of skin the CC will go through?
    Reneé

“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance…there is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.”—Cardinal John Henry Newman

Renee: I have a few pics of Cosmo in my album on here if you want to see them. But I think you have to be in my "contacts" list, unless I make the album public.
    KJ & Cosmo

oh, and my other two dogs treat Cosmo like he has leprosy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thecoz View Post
    oh, and my other two dogs treat Cosmo like he has leprosy, lol.
    Awww, poor baby! lol.

I'll see if I can access your album. Still figuring out all the navigation.
    Reneé

you should be able to access it. Pics #1 & #2 were recently added. #3, #4 & #5 were from a few weeks ago.

Just updating.

Just got off the phone with the vet and we are scheduled to run the ACTH and LDDS test next week.

Symptoms continue to persist. I will be so glad when we get this diagnosis behind us and can start treatment.
    Reneé

I think Cosmos cc looks a little better in the later pictures.

Next week is going to be a busy one it sounds like Renee.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)