Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston-Elliott diagnosed with Cushing's, Lysodren - Elliot has passed

Default Re: Boston-Elliott diagnosed with Cushing's, Lysodren

Daisy's Cushings is not quite regulated, but the IMS did mention that her liver has shrunk some. I'm taking this as a good sign.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by doxiesrock912 View Post
    Daisy's Cushings is not quite regulated, but the IMS did mention that her liver has shrunk some. I'm taking this as a good sign.
    That's great! And thank you everyone. That's good to hear. Although I know some of Elliott's liver enlargement issues also stem from her heart disease causing blood to back up into the liver. She sure would breathe a lot easier if that liver would shrink

In other news, I started her on Cosequin. I'm hoping that helps her to move around more easily.

I feel like I could fill a book with all the health stuff going on in our house during the past year. I had gastric bypass in July, and that was a huge undertaking, but super duper simple compared to my baby girl's issues!!

Hope you all have a good day.
    Jen (the human) and Elliott (the Boston)

We put Elliott to sleep today. She had developed more fluid in her abdomen and possibly on her lungs, three weeks after an increase in diuretics. She was having a lot of trouble breathing and we couldn't let her suffer. We knew that even if we increased the heart meds they would probably only need to be raised again and again. She just wasn't feeling good or comfortable and I couldn't let her live like that. She passed away peacefully on my lap.

I am heartbroken. I already miss her so much. Everything around me here at home reminds me of her. But I'm glad she's at peace and not struggling to breathe anymore. She brought me so much joy and laughter. She was only 9 and she went too soon.

Mods, can you edit the title of this thread to reflect Elliott's passing?

Thank you everyone for all your support and knowledge and love. It wasn't the cushing's that did her in; it was the heart disease.
    Jen (the human) and Elliott (the Boston)

My heart just broke.

I've edited the title for you.

I'm so, so sorry Jen. Elliott just had a very hard path with the heart problems. You gave her the gift of your love though, and took the pain into your own heart. She now is free and I hope playing with the other furbabies at the rainbow bridge.

Sending you lots of love and hugs, we are always here for you Jen
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Default Re: Boston-Elliott diagnosed with Cushing's, Lysodren - Elliot has passed

I am so sorry to hear about Elliott. Please know that we are all here to share your pain and grief. Your little Angel is now among the others who have crossed the Bridge before and they are undoubtedly showing all the neatest places to hang out and watch over us. RIP Sweet Elliott.
    Belinda Creel,
    Mom of Angel Bo, My Little Latte and now our newest Toby.

Default Re: Boston-Elliott diagnosed with Cushing's, Lysodren - Elliot has passed

I am so sorry Jen, my heart skipped a beat when I read that title! RIP sweet Elliott!

Nadia

Oh no Jen,
    I'm so sorry about Elliott. My condolences to all of you.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Just read through. have not posted in a few years...
    Sounds like Elliot was very, very lucky to have you. So sorry.
    Last edited by drmvz; 01-15-2014 at 11:25 PM.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace sweet Elliot..... tonight you are our newest and brightest star in the sky.....
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Nine years old THATS not fair. I'm so sorry. If they weren't so wonderful it wouldn't hurt so damn much. Mine will be 14 in two months. We have have been skimming this road for a long time. I'm so very sorry.
    Janis
    My avatar is a picture of Elly at age 7.