Thread: Yeast- how to get rid of yeast on feet and legs

Default Yeast- how to get rid of yeast on feet and legs

How can I get rid of yeast on Zoe's back feet and legs?

I am pretty sure this is yeast I see on her back legs where they shaved her for surgery and also her back feet . I asked IMS if it was yeast but she said no (she also told me she is bad with skin problems) I took her to the groomers for her toenails to be trimmed today after her eye appointment and the groomer thinks it is yeast as well. She is not biting or scratching at her feet, the area is not terribly inflammed but the skin is crusty.

I just gave her an iodine soak on her back feet and wiped the upper thighs with the Douxo pads.

The groomer said her skin is really oily and I should give her a bath in blue dawn dish washing soap.

Please dont mention dermatologist. I just spent $1000 this week on her tests with the IMS.

Any feed back will help. I spent the afternoon googling but found sites I dont really trust.

Thanks for the help
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Default Re: Yeast- how to get rid of yeast on feet and legs

The only thing that comes to mind is a "don't" - don't use oat shampoos. Yeast feeds on sugars and oats are a carbohydrate which will aggravate the yeast, making it worse.

Try some organic yogurt both in her meals and on the spots. I did that when Squirt had yeast on her teetee and it went away in short order. But she had a very mild case and keeping that hair cut short has helped the area stay dryer which I'm sure is helping, too.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Didn't one of members post about using apple cider vinegar for a yeast infection???

Yup- groomer told me no for oatmeal bath, some people on line said ac vinegar was a sugar so they said that was a no, they said use diluted white vinegar, then I was on some mother earth site, I dont remember the name, but everyone there had a different idea. I remembered that video from last year with Dr. Becker and the Betadine Iodine foot bath was supposed to rinse off yeast. I did get some off with that. Maybe I have to do it every night for a while. I wondered why her hair was not growing back on the those back feet, I thought the groomer just shaved them down to get rid of the mats and well, when you shave Zoe, forget about the hair coming back.

Not sure about the blue dawn bath though. She said that or Selsan Blue shampoo. What worries me is Zoe's skin is so thin and delicate, I hate to irritate with anything strong or harsh.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

wait a minute- if this is yeast, how come she is not itchy or chewing and scratching?
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

I have used 1/2 cup boiled water & 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar. Let it get to room temperature and wipe with sterile cotton. It works well for my female and yeast problems. I also think probiotics make a big difference too.
    Hope this helps.