Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Poor Pitiful Pia - Pia has gone to heaven

Default Re: Checking in for January 2014

Hi Bonnie. Oh poor Kelly (love her name) I hope her vocal cords weren't cut, how horrid for a dog to not be able to speak.
    For the Kennel, I always take mollys blanket with her and our scents on it, make sure your scent is on it, and her favorite toys. I get extra play time for her one on one too. Anything that will make her feel relaxed and that she is still connected to you.
    As for the yeast, you could do allergy testing with her. There are some shampoos that you can get from vet. We've had two members have good luck with ketochlor (shampoo). So ask vet about that.
    So great to hear from you Bonnie.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Ha! I actually think Mariannes idea to start a Kelly thread is a good one. Many of our members have new threads in Everything Else about their new family members. It's not unusual at all. Think about it!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Bonnie,
    Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. It's been a hard few days for me and I know you are feeling it too.

Sending much love,
    Donna

Default Re: Poor Pitiful Pia - Pia has gone to heaven

Kelly sounds very much like my boxer Pansy when she came to me through breed rescue. I suspect she was a breeder's dog (she was pregnant when picked up as a stray) as she had unusual vet care - dewclaws removed but not spayed or chipped, and no interest in interacting with other dogs. In the nearly 7.5 years we lived together, she played with a toy just once, and played with another dog once - she preferred the company and attention of humans best.

She also was highly reactive to the phrase Bad Dog, which I had to modify to Not Good Dog when speaking of her for the rest of her life.

I was concerned that she might have vocal cord damage as I did not hear a peep from her other than the famous boxer snoring and farting - she finally barked three years after she came to live with me. Imagine my surprise! Your Kelly may not have much to say yet. The breed is known for not barking unless there is good reason, so perhaps like Pansy she is biding her time.
    Last edited by pansywags; 08-07-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    “Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.”
    ― Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit

Pansy Lou Who, the Velveteen Boxer. Always loved, never forgotten. RIP 2014

Hi Bonnie,
    Just wanted to see how you are. I know yesterday must have been a sad day for you. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Much love,
    Donna

Kelseyville, CA - 3 hours north of San Francisco, and 3 hours from UC Davis

Yes, yesterday was pretty bad. I thought about my sweet Pia and cried. It's hard to believe it's been a year and a day since my Pia crossed The Rainbow Bridge. Thank you so very much for thinking of Pia and me. I appreciate it, and I know in my heart that she does, too.
    Bonnie - Mama to Maggie, my sweet 15 year old Boston Terrier who is deaf, blind, has cardiac issues, and an occasional seizure, and to Pia my darling 8 year old French Bulldog who had a stroke at age 5, and was diagnosed with Cushings 6/11/2013 at age 8. Sadly, my sweet Pia crossed the Rainbow Bridge August 14, 2013, and my dear Maggie joined her November 29, 2013. On December 3, I am sure they brought Kelly, a homeless boxer into my life. I am forever grateful.

Big hugs Bonnie. Hope Kelly is doing well. I know that Pia is keeping an eye on all of you.

Hugs
    Sharlene and Molly muffin
    Last edited by molly muffin; 08-16-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Loving hugs from me too.

Oh, Bonnie, I know how hard these anniversaries are. Your sweet Pia is watching over you with such love and pride in her heart for her mom. Our girls never leave us.

Hugs
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Big hugs, I wish it was not so dang hard but it is.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter