Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: milo my doxie age 6 - milo is now at peace

Unhappy Re: milo my doxie age 6 - milo is now at peace

i can't believe i am typing this !!! milos' sister meka has also been diagnosed with pituitary cushings !!! . it all began with the excessive drinking and peeing about a month ago.had her second acth test yesterday waiting on the info this morning... so heartbroken...i will check in from time to time to see you girls and guys again...btw the are litermates..... any suggestions would be appreciated.ty patty

Default Re: milo my doxie age 6 - milo is now at peace

Oh my word! So you just had to join the Second Time Around Gang, huh? I swear, sometimes it looks like these pups know who has experience with this disease and seek us out! So many parents seem to end up with more than one cush pup and now you are part of that exclusive club...lucky you!

I can well imagine how distressing this is for all of you but take a deep breath - you know what the testing is, you know about the treatment choices, you have experience with treatment, and you are a superb mom. So Meka is in excellent hands. None of us ever want to have to deal with this disease again but from the pup's point of view, nothing could be better for them than an experienced Mom or Dad...and Meka certainly has that in spades. So you both are already way ahead in the game...just remember to breath.

Let us know what the tests show and of course get copies so we can ask you all those nosy questions.
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang

PS. I know Milo is watching over both of you with immense faith, pride and love.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Patty--I, too, am a member of the "Second Time Around Gang", now in the loading phase with my beagle, Abbie. One big plus is that I put together Abbie's symptoms much sooner and asked for testing to start much earlier in the disease process than I was able to do with my first beagle, Maggie. I also headed right back here to brush up on treatment. As Leslie said, you are in the best position to help Meka. Hugs to you and Meka!
    Judy H. (Always "Maggie and Abbie's Mom" & now "Sadie Sue's Mom")
    Venice, FL

thank you judy for a quick response!!! just back from the vet for results and they have up the veteroyl 10 mg to alternating days of 10,20,10,20... meka is 16 lbs so upping to 20 may be too much.stay tuned patty xoxox

aww leslie you are so wonderful !!! i type this thru streaming tears of sadness,hope and heartfelt love...ty for being here...will update soon ...patty(milo)meka xoxox

Patty!!! Omg! Just seeing this.
    Leslie is right, you know the drill, have been there before. You'll do just fine.
    We'll be right here with you, just like always, every step of the way.

Big Hugs!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Patty, well there were easier ways to get you back to talking with us as we have missed you around here... But really Meka, what you up to you little rascal!!!

You know cushings is not a death sentence Patty, once you over the initial shock of this you will get right back in the swing of things and everyone here will be around to hold your hand and get Meka on the right track. So dry those eyes and lets get a plan in place and then you feel much better.

So get copies of those results and publish them here for all the experts to review and what is up with that dosing... not sure we have those up and down doses on different days but again those that know more than me on cushings will be able to better comment once you get the number.

Big hugs for you, scratch for Meka and a big kiss going heavenwards to the beauty Milo xxxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Just curious Patty, what is the reasoning behind 10, 20, 10, 20 dosing? As normally the goal is to keep them as level as possible on a steady dose daily.

huggers
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi I'm Suzie and I just wanted to say welcome back. I'm fairly new here so I'm sure you have more experience with mothering a cush pup than I do. You must have been a pretty great Mom for the creator to have given you another one to care for. With Milo and Meka being littermates, it makes sense that there could be some genetics at play here. I know you will do great but I'm just sorry that you have to do it again. I've looked at Milo and Meka's pictures and they are precious. My cush baby is a 6 y/o doxie and she is doing very well on trilostane. I look forward to getting to know you and Meka and I'm just sorry I missed getting to know Milo. Hugs Patty for you and your baby girl!
    (¯`•.•´¯)¸•´¯`☆ ¸•´¯`☆ ¸•´¯`☆
    .`•.¸¸.•´ Suzie, Dixie & Buttons

hi and welcome back. I'm new so didn't get a chance to know your Milo. I am sorry you have to do this again with Meka. We are all hear for you.
    Cosmo's mom.