Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: My Sweet Angel Peg

Default Re: My Sweet Angel Peg

Using me as a gauge, you are doing very well my dear. Buddy flew almost 3 years ago, and I still haven't been able to go through and toss his meds. They are in the holy Grail of a ziploc, stored away in a cabinet. All too old to ever use for Rosie, but I still can't part with them. I also still have all his medical files and documentation.

Peg is so like Buddy. Sweet to the core. I remember when we had out-of-town company and my six-year-old niece came out from the bedroom carrying Buddy. He was hanging like a ragdoll, begging to be rescued with those big brown eyes, but never growled or fussed at her at all. He never growled at anyone ever. Rosie on the other hand, always has plenty to say about EVERYTHING!!! LOL

Such a huge presence in our dear Peg. Happy, waggy tail, full of love. Of course you miss her.

Marianne,

So glad to see you back. I know you miss sweet Peg...she was one of the ones who don't complain and take everything in their stride. Lena was the same, never, ever complained and was so good, always...it is so, so hard to bear.

I thought about you all the time and knew you needed space...I have missed seeing your posts....

Love,
    Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dear Marianne, how I wish I could say something to ease the ache in your heart .Perhaps thoughts about your beautiful and strong girl and the knowing you provided the best life for her with tons of love will bring some comfort to you. May your family and your family here continue to support and comfort you. They all love you and Peg so much.
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 06-27-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Hey Marianne, I think this time after that initial shock wears off is nasty, when realisation hits that's it and there's a whole lot of emptiness where once there sat our furry little buddy. Everyone else around seems to be moving on and I am like hang on, stop this is all wrong it sucks. I had to throw out the last lot of flowers that people had given me, cried at that too. Three weeks today for me, so we on a similar trajectory in this period of gloom. We all so different eh, Flynns medical stuff got the boot quick smart, I wanted no reminder of that. But there is so much of his "stuff" around my home and he is everywhere I look. Bits of fur, a toy rabbit the kittens delight in dragging around the house and giving me a fright when I spot it sitting in my room where Flynns bed used to sit, his bowls and bed they have inherited, my screen savers, that blardy turkey I hunted so hard for stares at me when I open the freezer and the list goes on. I love having that all around me (well maybe the turkey can go!) and I can feel his presence all the time and I so want to keep his memory close.

The last 5 years have been so taken up caring for Flynny that I find it hard to stop, I don't want to be finished doing things for him. So I spend ages looking through his photos and videos trying to find the most perfect ones for his picture that will go on the wall, my niece wants to do a video thingamy for him and I'm not finished picking the videos or pics for that. Haven't paid his final bill, not that I won't but because it hasn't arrived yet! Maybe it was free, I doubt it though lol. But one day soon there is not going to be anything left to do for him except remember his love and joyful life and I hope by then that will be enough, but I doubt it will be so I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Gawd that was a long winded way of saying I'm with you sister in sadness, we will get through it... One day at a time xxxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Beautifully said, Trish...I am still looking at pictures searching for Lena. I still have all the beds and am still shocked when she's not in them. They are such a part of our lives that when they leave, there is a huge void...Lena's been gone 4 months now. Feels like forever to me.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dearest Marianne,

I am just now seeing this....and I sit here with tears flowing down my face for you, Luna, your mom and your hubby. Peg is such a huge part of all of your hearts and Souls, and I know how this loss brings such dramatic changes to each of your worlds. There are no words that can make the journey thru the pain any better but I hope it helps to know so many understand and in that understanding can hold your hand as we cry with you.

Our deepest sympathies and much love,
    Leslie, Trinket, Sophie, Fox and all our angels

On the day when
    The weight deadens
    On your shoulders
    And you stumble,
    May the clay dance
    To balance you.

And when your eyes
    Freeze behind
    The grey window
    And the ghost of loss
    Gets into you,
    May a flock of colours,
    Indigo, red, green
    And azure blue,
    Come to awaken in you
    A meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays
    In the currach of thought
    And a stain of ocean
    Blackens beneath you,
    May there come across the waters
    A path of yellow moonlight
    To bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
    May the clarity of light be yours,
    May the fluency of the ocean be yours,
    May the protection of the ancestors be yours.

And so may a slow
    Wind work these words
    Of love around you,
    An invisible cloak
    To mind your life.

John O'Donohue
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Another first, hope you are doing okay today.

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and yours.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Thank you, so much, my friends (and a special thank you to Peg's candle-lighter -- you know who you are!). My mom is here again with us today, and we are sharing more memories of holidays past. A few less tears today and a few more smiles, so that is a shift for which I am very grateful.

Just like Trish said, it's so hard to adjust to the new simpler routine. Peg had so many needs, especially there at the end. But I'd gladly resume all our old routine if only it meant she could be back with us, feeling well. There is a lingering hollowness to my time each day that is yet to be refilled. I suspect it may take quite a while.

But Luna is doing such a sweet job of cheering us on, and we are so lucky to have her. After all these years of fretting over how she'd handle Peg's loss when the time came, here she is, being our comfort and guide. Life is always full of surprises, after all. I will start adding to her thread in a few days, because we are still trying to get to the bottom of her limp. But today has just been a quiet family day spent together, remembering our sweet Peg with so much love. Such a gift she was to us all.

Time doesn't make us miss them less, I think it just lets us adjust to missing them a bit more. (if that made any sense)

I still have times I miss Tasha and she has been gone now for many years. Rather like I know you will always miss Peg and Barkis. They are just such a huge part of our lives, they take a piece of our hearts with them when they go.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thinking of you! Sorry, No words of wisdom, as far as missing them less as time passes. I am still waiting for that to happen.

So many of us understand all too well. Know that you are surrounded by love and care and Luna is in charge. So listen to her, let her help you. She knows what to do.

xxxxoooo
    Kathy