Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roxee, 13 1/2 y.o. Shih-Tzu/Lhasa mix (July 10, 2009, Roxee has crossed the bridge)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Roxee, 13 1/2 y.o. Shih-Tzu/Lhasa mix on Trilostane

John,

It's all so confusing, isn't it! That's where this forum can be so very helpful! My positive thoughts are still coming your way!

MJ

Hi John,

Just checking to see how Roxee is doing? Is she still giving you trouble with eating and how is the panting? Lady was on trilo for 2 yrs and did really well on it. After being on it for a couple months she turned on her food - that was a big problem with her also being diabetic. I did some minor changes with her food and never had a problem again. Also she would still pant a little in the summer when it was really hot. . Hugs to the two of you.

Luv,
    Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09

Hi Lynne,
    Actually Roxee is doing okay, thanks for asking. A few days ago not so good, then I get depressed, the next day, she is up and trucking around and I am all happy again.

The food thing, we just keep a variety going. She'll eat beef in the morning and not want it for Lunch, so we go to chicken and she'll eat it and then it's back to beef for dinner. I thought sure she would get diarrhea from all the changes but it's as solid as a brick

I think the panting is from the warmer weather and higher humidity. She doesn't pant so much in the house. So another good day to remember
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Hi John,

Am glad Roxee is doing ok today. Isn't it just the truth....the pup does well and all is well with the world...but if the pup is having problems all goes to "you know where in a handbag!!!!"

Hooray for you that alternating the chicken/beef routine is working so she keeps getting those calories. Bricks, in this case, are preferred. How's her weight...maintaining or hopefully gaining???

Take care,
    Louise

Hi John,

Glad things are going good for Roxee! Always nice to hear!

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Amen! Glad to hear it!

MJ

Talking Re: Roxee, 13 1/2 y.o. Shih-Tzu/Lhasa mix on Trilostane

Hooray for you that alternating the chicken/beef routine is working so she keeps getting those calories. Bricks, in this case, are preferred.
    She's is about a 3 on Jenny's "Bristol Stool Chart"

Slightly gaining weight but at a good pace.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Not the stool chart! LOL Glad your baby is doing better John. Its tough isn't it? If only they could talk. Hugs, Kim

I suggested a home testing "Cush-O-Meter" when I first started....it is an invention waiting to happen! A little bit of blood and whammo....too much med? too much food? too much water? or too little? too much fat? and then of course, it would come with hard and fast instructions on what to do! Now don't you think this is so worthwhile? Much more important than figuring out the common cold....sneeze sneeze...these are our DOGS we're talking about!

However, a talking dog would help...isn't that movie "Bolt" about a talking dog as long as he has his collar? Or am I delirious again??

Anyway, I am glad Roxee is having a better time!!! And the Poop Chart rules! We should have it hanging prominently in all our homes!

Love and hugs, Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie

Hi John,

The food thing, we just keep a variety going. She'll eat beef in the morning and not want it for Lunch, so we go to chicken and she'll eat it and then it's back to beef for dinner. I thought sure she would get diarrhea from all the changes but it's as solid as a brick

I think the panting is from the warmer weather and higher humidity. She doesn't pant so much in the house. So another good day to remember
    I use to home cook for Lady - a few days it would be ground turkey and then I would go to ground beef mixed with the other things I used. When she turned on her food after being on the trilo I started mixing the 2 meats together and she loved it - never had a problem after that.

Lady only panted when the weather was really hot - never in the house unless she was laying by the front door in the summer when the sun was beating in.

Hugs to you and Roxee.

Luv,
    Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09