Some of my friends already know but in case some of you may have noticed that Mickee's name and picture are in the Loving Memory Album. Mickee was not a cush pup but was a foster or step brother to our Roxee (RIP) and our Rozee and LttleBit.

Our Mickee was laid to rest on Monday June 20th. He was about 17 years old. After many trips to the vet over the last few weeks for adequan shots, and meds to keep him comfortable due to his severe arthritis, at about 1:00 am, I could hear a scratching on the carpet, I woke to find Mickee trying to get up. I went to help him, but sadly he could no longer stand up.

We carried him into the family room where Pattee had laid a mattress on the floor so she could cuddle up next to him and comfort him. As dawn started to arrive, we carried him outside and let him lay comfortably in the cool grass that he loved so much. As we watched the clock reach the dreaded 8:00 mark.... arrangements were made and Mickee was freed from his pain.

Mickee started out as a foster in 2004 from Friends for Life animal sanctuary. He was rejected from 3 previous homes at 9 years old, he found our home.

It was a Saturday evening after I had left Friends for Life Animal sanctuary a bit early, Pattee my wife stayed a while longer and called me to tell me to bring Roxee and Rozee to the park to meet our new foster and so I did, they got along great, he followed Roxee and Rozee home and the rest is history.

I love you and miss you my boy ....I know Roxee was waitng to show you the way. Rest in Peace and free from pain. You are my newest and brightest star in the sky.