Thread: Origins of small dogs

Default Origins of small dogs

Here's something interesting - and a little surprising but maybe not - about the origins of small dogs: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...25/2830392.htm

Alison

Default Re: Origins of small dogs

That is very interesting, Alison! Thanks for sharing it!

That has been one of my questions as to whether all dogs will have wolf in their ancestry. Just how did we get such tiny dogs as Chihuahuas? I hope there will be more published studies on this theory.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

cant imagine my ebonie with any wolf traits in her.. was interesting reading.. about chihuahuas..catherine

Nobody really knows the history of the Chihuahua but it's going to take more than a "striking similarity between a gene variant found in small dogs and the variant found in the Middle Eastern grey wolf" to convince me that Chi's are direct descendants of this or any other wolf. That's my unsolicited opinion on the matter.