Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find us?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: How did you find us?

After I lost you, I found you again after Google.

I googled support groups for canine cushings
    Katiesmom

google, google, google. Go google....

I googled cushings diet and found this wonder full group with so much help and compassion out there. Thank you!
    I am Mariah's mom, she is a 12 year old Standard Poodle diagnozed with Cushings less than a year ago. She is on anipryl. She is having bouts with loose stools and peeing a lot. I am concerned with her having diabetes. I have already seen your suggestions for the test strips and the chicken/mushy rice diet. Can it be brown rice? I will go first thing tomorrow morning. I don't see anyone giving anipryl. Can you fill me in on that please? Also I am concerned about the proper diet. I am going to try and get a urine sample and rule out an infection.
    I am on a limited income so it is impossible to go to the vet constantly. I have 4 dogs and 7 cats, I can't say no to an animal in need. But it has to stop, it is getting to expensive as they grow old. I put my needs on the back burner and try to give them what they need.
    Thank you so much for your support.

Admin note: I have copied this post to create a new thread for this member. This is a link to her thread: http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2055
    Last edited by AlisonandMia; 05-05-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Admin note

I was googling when my dog was "not right" after about a year on Lysodren. I think I was looking at a Canadian site and a member on there said go to k9 diabetes, and then updated to this.
    Thank you to that member - whose name I don't remember!
    This group has been wonderful, and has already helped Gemma and I through a crisis.
    Thank you

I've been a member of a Cocker Forum for several years. When my Darby was diagnosed , some of those members directed me to this site for accurate up to date info. They were right!!

Facebook.... I typed in Cushings and there is a Facebook group for Cushings. It was suggested that I check this website out....

I think I googled "dog cushings forum", bc that's what I wanted. Someone suggested it to me on livejournal. I made maybe 2 posts on a yahoo cushings group, but I just dont like the yahoo group format. I think this site is more user friendly and has better features. I like that my posts show up immediately. I also like the members here. I quickly saw in other threads how helpful everyone is and that meant a lot to me. We are here to stay!

Talking Re: How did you find us?

someone responded to me at another dog chat/help forum suggested your site, they told me you were the experts.

I googled "Cushings forum" and came across a few. K9Cushings seems to be full of helpful cushpup owners. Spent last year on forum on Facebook for dogs with canine renal failure. Most forums seem to be US based but the internet is a global village and a Scotsman can easily chat with someone from US (apart from some spelling differences!)