View Poll Results: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course! My dog has more sweaters and coats than I do!

9 13.85%
  • Yes, but only for rainy or cold, snowy weather.

36 55.38%
  • No, but I think sweaters and coats for dogs are a terrific idea!

8 12.31%
  • No, I think clothes look silly on a dog!

5 7.69%
  • None of the above (post optional comment below)

7 10.77%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

Default Re: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

A local rescue would be very appreciative of any donations.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

That's a good idea. I think I heard that my local ASPCA takes dog clothes as donations. I'll have to check it out.
    "I appoint myself so cool and clever; I'm such a liar."
    FlipTopBox
    -Self-

Norman as one sweater, but can't wear it as when he urinates he gets it wet - always had a larger tummy.
    Millie (minature yorkie-pooh)- Normans sister, as several sweaters and two coats. One is from Paris Hilton (left at Oshkosh Air Show - a gift from an old neighbor a few years ago.)- of course it is Pink.
    Millie has a sweater and coat on yesterday after the groomer...The coat came off when we arrived home, the sweater stayed on. She sleeps in bed with me, usually under the covers, and is able to undress herself and she did once up I put on another sweater.

When I brought Millie home Christmas Day, she was as big as a beanie baby. By summer she weighed about 3-4 pounds. I had her leashed in the front yard. The neighbor called and said a car had drove around the block several times and even stopped in front of the house....Scary!!! Never left her in front again. She never barked back then...I would have been devasted. Very grateful the neighbor noticed and called me.
    Last edited by NoonelovesmelikeNorman; 02-27-2013 at 10:03 AM.

I voted "other," because Rosie only wears:

1. Thundershirt - for daytime or distant thunderstorms, or when Rosie thinks there are going to be thunderstorms, or if Rosie dreams there is a thunderstorm (for nighttime thunderstorms, or very close storms, I have to sedate her.)

2. Halloween costume - I try to keep her costumes as minimal and canine-friendly as possible (see photo in my Rosie album.)