Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12y/o JRT/Spanish Bodeguero - Sweet Maggie has passed

Default Re: 12y/o JRT/Spanish Bodeguero new Cushing's diagnosis, weight loss??

https:

Maggie (left) a few weeks ago with our other dog Diefenbaker.

awwww what precious babies! Thank you for sharing that with us!

You are doing a great job in a difficult situation, Mom. Know that we are with you all the way and that your sweet Maggie girl knows she is in the very best hands possible, loved to the nth degree.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

We made the very sad decision to put Maggie to sleep yesterday. Among other health issues, her knees had given up on her, she was uncomfortable and struggling to get herself up and lie down. She was very sad and wasn't getting any joy from life anymore. It was the right decision but we are heartbroken and words cannot describe how much we already miss her.

Thank you for your kind words and advice everyone.

Xx

Default Re: 12y/o JRT/Spanish Bodeguero - Sweet Maggie has passed

Oh Amy, I’m so very sorry for your loss. Thank you so much, though, for telling us what’s happened. Maggie has now joined our other sweet angels on our special memorial thread of honor, and we will always remain here for you, as well.

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...Left-Us-(2019)

If you’d like for us to add a photo link to her memorial line, it would be our privilege to do so. At any time, you can send a photo of your choice to us at k9cushings@gmail.com, and we’ll take it from there.

I had so hoped that you’d be gifted with at least a bit more quality time with your girl. But sadly, it was not to be. Faced with her increasing debilitation, I totally understand that this was the time to release her spirit. She’s now forever free from pain, but at such a cost to your own heart. Truly, we’ll always remain here by your side should you wish to return and tell us more — about anything. Your lives together, special memories, how you’re doing on any given day. From my own losses, I can easily imagine how painful this first morning after must be for you.

So I’m sending many hugs to you from across the miles, and please know that sweet Maggie will always be remembered and honored here by her K9C family.

Marianne

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet girl. I wish that I had been strong enough to put my precious Lena to sleep that last night. Instead she died without me and I regret that every day.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Thank you both. My heart is aching and I can't stop crying. I miss her so much.

X

It never stops hurting, but it does hurt less with time. I still cry a lot, but not all the time like I did after she left me. It will be four years in February. There isn't a day that I don't think of her, but I do smile when I remember certain things.

There's no end time to grieving...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dear Amy,

I am so sorry to hear about your precious baby girl but I know you made the right decision. You took away her pain and gave her the greatest gift we ever can - freedom from a body that could no longer supply her needs or wants. Today she is running wild and free in the Rainbow Fields, chasing butterflies and rabbits with all her new friends who were there to meet her as she crossed the Bridge. I believe all our babies here are at that bridge every time one from here crosses, there to show them the ropes while they wait for us to join them. We are never ready regardless but we put ourselves aside for them. One of our members once said that we take their pain so they can be free of it.

Grieve as long as you need in any way that you need as long as no harm comes of it. There are no other rules to grieving. All those tears and sobs are an expression of how much we love our babies, a way we honor that love we shared with them. Know we are always here to talk should you ever want or need - we DO understand.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie

I give you this one thought to keep –
    I am with you still – I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
    I am the swift, uplifting rush
    of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not think of me as gone –
    I am with you still –
    in each new dawn

~~ Author Unknown ~~
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you.

We continue to miss her every day.

She hated fireworks and there are lots at the moment. Our other dog is mostly deaf so doesn't seem to notice them much. He's a bit of a monster, and has been shredding things more since Maggie has been gone. I think he misses her too.

She was such a sweet dog, there was nothing bad in her. She loved everyone and even none dog loving folk would end up with her curled up next to them and stroking her happily. I still can't believe she's gone.

X

Hello again, Amy, and we so appreciate you coming back to talk with us some more. What you’ve said reminds me so much of my own sweet girl, Peg. She was a big black Lab who looked like a bear cub, but who had a heart of gold. She had not one cross bone in her body. She loved everybody and everybody loved Peg. When we had to release her, there were many more tears shed over her than just our own. That was over three years ago now, and yet I’ll never, ever forget or stop missing her. That’s the power of the love we share with these precious spirits. Our hearts ache so badly when they’re gone, but we never forget how it feels to love them. Love is forever. It is perhaps our only comfort from the pain, at least during the early days, before happier memories begin to return again. But hearing how sweet Maggie was with everyone is indeed a very dear memory to share. I can now picture her in my own mind’s eye, snuggled up and spreading her love. Sweet, sweet girl.

Thank you for sharing her with us, Amy, and please continue to stop back by whenever the mood may strike. Your family here sends many hugs your way, today and every day.

Marianne