Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Niko has crossed the bridge

Default Re: Niko has crossed the bridge

thanks for the additional kind words. i've had my ups and downs this month so far, but have tried to stay as positive as i can. i have the entire day planned out on the 16th that will include a hike, in his honor, lunch with friends, a visit to his grave (at my parent's house) and dinner with my family (at my parent's house). we'll close the night with a walk including my sister's dog and my mom's dog. i'll post some pictures of niko's old stomping grounds and his beautiful cherry tree, over the weekend.

much love to you all......

Bettina, I'm going to be away from home (and my computer) on the 16th, so I won't have the chance to post to you then. So I wanted to stop by today to let you know that I'll still be thinking of both you and your beautiful boy. I surely hope you will feel the presence of his sweet spirit right alongside you on Friday (and every day...).

Many (((hugs))) to you, always in loving memory of your Niko ~
    Marianne

This is such a wonderful tribute to Niko, Bettina. You are in my thoughts. I'm glad that you are keeping positive thoughts, even though I know it's not easy to do.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

Peace to you, my friend, as you hike the realm of your memories. I hope you are surrounded by signs from Niko, filling your soul with love and promise.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls - always
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Dear Bettina,
    Special thoughts for you and Niko today.

((((HUGS))))
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Dearest Bettina,

Thinking of you and Niko...big hugs to you.

Love and more hugs,
    Lori

Lots of special hugs today with love.
    Everything I need to know about life I learned from Pallie.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the events of Niko's angel anniversary with you all. I really wanted to stay positive throughout these days and remember my boy as he really was, not as the dog who's body wouldn't allow him to stay. Not to say I didn't cry, but I managed to keep myself from drowning in despair over how difficult it was to let him go.

I woke up on Friday morning to a flower delivery from a very special friend from my Lymphoma Heart Dog Angel list. Much better way to start the day than a year ago!!

I met my hubby at Scott's Run in Great Falls at 11 as planned. (I took Niko there when he was younger. He loved it.) Not only did I want to remember how much he loved our adventures, but I wanted my husband to see the kinds of things Niko and I enjoyed in his early years. My husband never knew Niko as a young dog, unfortunately.

I knew it was not an easy trail to the waterfall, but I had forgotten how hard the end of it is. Straight up, and then straight down over rocks, to get to the falls. Hubby was shocked the Niko could have managed, but I told him Niko always did great! He was much more sure footed than me! We spent some times at the falls and took some pics HERE. I even did a blend of a picture (link here) of Niko from June 1995 to me on 7/16/10.

We headed to my parent's house for dinner. I brought Niko some red roses for his grave. His weeping cherry tree looks great! (pics also in the link above).

A few months ago I decided to see if I could raise $500 for the Magic Bullet Fund in Niko's honor. I set up a donation page for him and manged to raise $1000 through that page, plus another little bit from friends donating direct to the MBF.

So I made it through the first anniversary. Not a moment goes by that I don't miss him. I ache for him and life will be a little less colorful as long as he's not in it, but I know he's with me.

Sorry this is SO LONG..... Much love to you all for your support and thoughtfulness.
    Bettina & Angel Niko
    1992-2009
    ----------
    http://rememberingniko.wordpress.com

Dear Bettina-

I just looked at your pictures. I grew up in Bethesda, so I know the falls well.

I'm glad you had a special day to honor Niko. If we never loved, there would be no tears. Rinse out those tear ducts!

Best wishes to you.

-Susan

What a beautiful tribute to your boy Niko. I am glad that it wasn't too sad a day. You honoured him in a very special way with a beautiful tribute. I love your stories about Niko and read them all the time by the way.

Love and many hugs,
    Ellen, Sweet Angel Casey, Desi and Oreo