Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Milo has Cushing's

Default Re: My Milo has Cushing's

Hello from me and Milo,
    my boy is still behaving.
    We ran urea and creatinine, which came out normal. This prompted the vet to increase Milo's dose with another 5mg of vetoryl(total 15 mg) as he continues to drink a lot of water, but we have been cautious up until now because of his kidneys.
    His blood yesterday was 180/100. I give him irc- vet kidney supplement.
    We will do the SDMA test tonight, but it will be a few days because they are sending it to Germany.
    That's it for now from us.
    Hugs to all

Thanks so much for this update! We’re very glad to know that his urea and creatinine is normal, and it will also be very good to get the SDMA results as well. With this new dosing increase, Milo is now getting around around 2 mg. per kg. (or 1 mg. per pound), so that’s an amount that seems reasonable to me, given his weight and continuing thirst. Do let us know when you get these additional test results, and in the meantime, ongoing well wishes to you two!

Marianne

Hello to all of us,
    My boy is fine with the 15 mg dose.
    Drinks less water, respectively pees less.
    I also give him a kidney supplement.
    The SDMA test is normal. With a reference limit of <0.65 umol/l, he has 0.33 umol/l, which makes me extremely happy.
    Now it remains to increase the muscle mass a little and I still notice shortness of breath.

Greetings and kisses from us and good health to all the babies.

That's awesome his SDMA results are normal! With his Vetoryl dosage increase an ACTH stimulation test should be performed to make sure his cortisol is not too low, even though he's acting fine his cortisol could still be in the low range.

I agree with Lori — that’s awesome news about the SDMA! As far as monitoring the cortisol, I think you’ve told us that an ACTH stimulation test is not available to you, but I believe you were able to have a pre-Vetoryl cortisol level checked before. As Lori has said, for safety’s sake it’s always good to have the cortisol level checked again after a dosing change. So hopefully that can be included in his next check-up, too.

Marianne

Hello from us, just dropping by to share how my treasure is doing. Every day is different, in some he is a little more active, in others he is a little more sleepy. He eats well, drinks water a little above the norm still. However, a week ago he felt quite bad and did not want to get up. I took him to the doctor. The blood tests showed some kind of inflammation. They put him on a system and he drank an antibiotic for 7 days. The ultrasound did not show anything alarming. There was no diarrhea, vomiting. they suspected a vascular accident. After starting the antibiotic, she got better on the second day. Now she is fine and I am very happy.
    This is at my grandfather's ))))
    Hugs from us

It’s so good to hear from you again! I’m so sorry that Milo was not feeling well, but thankfully it sounds as though everything is now back to normal. Thank you so much for giving us this update, and I surely hope that Milo remains healthy and happy!

Best wishes to you and all your family!
    Marianne

Hello again,
    My joy was short-lived. My Milo has had a 4 root tooth inflammation since last night. He is currently on antibiotics again.
    I am concerned that the only solution is to extract this tooth. I'm not sure if she'll make it and I'm very sad.......
    Doctors are also worried….
    In the last tests, the platelets were 773 with an upper limit of 490.
    I find it hard...

I am so sorry to read this news. I surely understand why you’re worried, and I am worried for your sweet boy, too. I will be hoping that the antibiotics will take care of the problem once again! I will keep checking here to see how things are going, so please do let us know.

Sending my strongest healing wishes to dear Milo,
    Marianne

Thanks a lot for your support….
    She means a lot to us. Everyone here is amazing!