Thread: Checking in for September 2022

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Checking in for September 2022

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for September 2022

I'm new to having a dog with an illness. Let alone an illness like cushings. I'm learning a lot from other people's stories.

Default Re: Checking in for September 2022

I知 Emily and I知 new to this forum. My vet suspected Cushing痴 last year after verifying symptoms and doing the ACTH stim test. We couldn稚 afford to do the low dose dexmethasone suppression at the time to confirm or get my dog on Vetoryl. We have been using Selegiline for that and his dementia, but it appears that his symptoms of Cushing痴 aren稚 getting any better. My husband and I are hopefully going to be able to do this test now and get our Sully some relief. He痴 an 11yr old Boxer mix and is the sweetest boy. I am so thankful that this forum exists and will be using this for support and resources to help us learn more about this condition.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Administrative Note: For anyone who wishes to reply directly to Emily and Sully, they now have their own thread here:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...le-Cushing%92s
    Last edited by labblab; 09-15-2022 at 10:20 AM. Reason: To add link.