That sounds like a good plan. With all of her other issues and her age, I wouldn't put her through it either. With what I have learned on this forum, if I could go back, I don't think I would have treated my Lena. She was one month shy of her 15th birthday when she died and I wish I had spent those last couple of months just enjoying every day that I had left with her instead of putting her through all the testing and watching for signs of too much. She never really stabilized on the meds and we had to test every time we increased the dose and that was before the PVT became accepted so it was two hours at the Vet's each time.

Gable was younger, I think seven when he was diagnosed, and treating him was the right thing to do. He made it to almost 12, but probably wouldn't have lasted that long without this forum. I KNOW that he would've been prescribed too much if I hadn't insisted on the lower dosage. Luckily this Vet worked with me and LISTENED and also learned that there were newer ways to treat Cushing's.

Either way, you know your baby better than anyone else and you need to do what you feel is in her best interest. Everyone here will be with you. We've all been there...