Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking in for December 2021

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Checking in for December 2021

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for December 2021

Hello, Colleen here... hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was a mix.. my first without my sweet Ginger, but thankful for the 15 we did get to share with her. She always loved when I was in the kitchen. She knew mom would have something for her and she was right.
    She is one of the things I am and always will be most thankful for. Christmas is going to hi extremely hard, I knoe that. I did put her stocking out with ours. It didn't feel right not having it up.. and yet it's heartbreaking to not shop for her...Blessings. Colleen

Hi guys. Sorry I havent been around.
    - After 2 years being careful, masking and vaccination... I still managed to catch Covid.
    - So, I basically quarantined myself to my basement for the month of November.
    - You would think that I would have been more active, but honestly, I was just so tired, I couldnt even think about much else besides sleeping
    (and I am NOT 'that guy') lol

Hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday Season (I'm a grinch, and its 27º right now, so bah humbug)
    In Loving Memory - Gigi (2006-2018)
    - Had a great quality of life as a "Cushings Dog"
    - And passed non Cushings related...

Omigish, Jonathan, so good to hear from you again and we hope you’re now doing OK! It’s actually been super quiet around here for the last few weeks, so your posting is doubly welcome — both to know you’re OK and also just to get to chat a little bit . The weather sure has been screwy throughout the country. You’re seasonably cold but we’ve been unseasonably warm in the southeast. It’s finally cooled down here a bit in order to match the calendar, though, and for that I’m grateful.

Anyway, it’s so good to read your note and we’ll keep our fingers crossed that you’ll keep on getting better now. I’ve tried to be so careful, too, but there’s just no total protection from this darn virus!

Thanks again, so much, for stopping by.
    Marianne

Jonathan, hoping you get to feeling better soon. 2 of my sisters have been fighting Covid also. My younger sister had it through November and is still fighting fatigue. My older sister caught it a little over a week ago. She has a very compromised immune system, so she got the monoclonal antibodies the second day. She is better, but still having fatigue and some breathing issues. My 91 year old mom with dementia lives with her so I was there this past week to take care of mom and let my sister rest.
    Will keep you in thoughts and prayers my friend!

In loving memory of my sweet Ginger.

Thank you... always nice to your smiling face (avatar. lol)
    I'm good, and feeling pretty close to 100% again.

It was 45º today, and I swear it felt like summer, compared to the junk days lately.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbread View Post
    My younger sister had it through November and is still fighting fatigue.
    That was pretty much my timeline, exposed Nov 1st.
    (oddly enough I caught it outside, and I am vaccinated- I was helping my mechanic friend move an outboard motor to his boat = face to face, heavy breathing, heavy lifting)
    I honestly didnt even think about masking... totally my fault.

For some reason, the fatigue (read: beat down exhaustion) just went away last tuesday, so tell little sister, there is good news coming.

Sorry. One last thing...
    There are 125 users online right now... so there are people who are reading.
    (even if they are the "shy type.")

- and thats why I log in... I was one of those who read/worried and may not have said much.

Bless you guys, and the help you provide... it took me a while to thank you, but I promise I was thankful!!!

I understand. Some folks do just read to help gain knowledge and support knowing they are not alone. Some just choose not to interact and that is okay. As long as they are learning, or getting the support they need and feel that they can ask anything, no matter what. It is the greatest feeling ever to know you are not alone.

Hello everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say hello and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope everyone is healthy and for those who are not, then a speedy and full recovery.

Vanilla is still a cutie pie and a brat, and we love her. She's gotten better with her behavior in the house and age might have something to do with that. We couldn't imagine not having her. I'll always miss my molly muffin though and still go outside and look up at the stars and have a chat with her.

Love you all!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)