Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Suni

Default Re: Suni

You know best my dear!

I will certainly keep you updated and will reach for your hand to hold when she has her surgery the 9th of September.

Well, this is it! Tomorrow my sweetheart will have only one big black adoring eye. I am so sad, but just pray all her other issues can handle the surgery alright. Prayers would be so very much appreciated and I will let you know how everything goes.

Omigoodness, prayers are flowing for our dear girl (and for her mom)!

We’ll be anxiously awaiting any and all reports….

(((((((HUGS!)))))))

Prayers rising, Shelba! Let us know how things went when you can.
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

As of 4:30 this afternoon she was awake off and on, pain meds taking care of pain and making her rest. She made it through surgery just fine (they said). Going after her in the morning. Mandi is so sad her sister is not here. She loves her so much that I don't know what she would do without her.
    I have only cried once today, but there is a long night ahead. She doesn't deserve this!
    Thanks so much for y'all's prayers, thoughts and concern. l Will post again after I get her home unless I hear something before then. Love you!

I’m so relieved to log in this morning and read last night’s report! All fingers and toes crossed that I’ll also soon be reading that Suni girl is safely home once again.

Prayers and healing wishes continuing to flow!

Suni is home, doing well and acting like nothing is wrong. Bless her heart, she looks pitiful but I am not going to tell her. She's still beautiful to me!
    Came home with pain meds and some antibiotics.

Mandi was beside herself when Suni got home. She had been so sad and depressed. Now that child (Mandi) won't eat a bite of anything I offer her. Have no idea why. How long will she do that? Checked her temp..ok, felt around in her mouth..nothing, stomach seems soft, but I couldn't tell if something was amiss in there because I don't know how and what to check for obstruction. Now I am worried sick about her. She did her crazy and wild runs during her evening romp in the yard. Doesn't make sense to me. Could it have anything to do with the way Suni's eye looks? Hair shaved on one side, eye red, stitched and swollen. Any ideas or something you can think of that is a sure fire appetizer? I'm stumped!

Such good news that Suni is home!! And I wonder if maybe Mandi may just be temporarily reacting to the changes and anxiety in the house related to Suni’s surgery. Of the three dogs we’ve had so far, Luna is by far the most sensitive to my own moods. Especially if she thinks I’m worried about *her* in any way (like if I’ve physically examined her or even if I’m just watching her), she’ll go run to her crate and hide inside. And that usually means she won’t eat, either. Hopefully by today, everything will be more normal all the way around for you girls. If not, let us know and we can try to come up with some food ideas that will help.

Sending high hopes for a better day today!

It has been a better day. Suni is coping with and without her collar really well. As long as she gets food, she is a happy camper! Incision looks great and the doc said in about 10 days it would be healed. Just have to watch for accidents and Mandi's tail swishing in her face!!!

Mandi finally ate some and has done better today. I agree that it was the trauma of dealing with Suni and then seeing her face all messed up scared her. She still eases up and smells of her face and head, but she is accepting it more now. She sure adores her Suni! Hoping things continue to normalize in our household, and they will I am sure.

Now to begin deciding what to do about other issues! Geez! Can't seem to be able to buy a break!

Thanks again for the love and kindness shown. Means the world to me!

I've been keeping up with Suni's progress and am so happy that she seems to be adjusting. It is hard on the others when they don't understand what has happened.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.