Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Suni

Default Re: Suni

Yes it is, Joan especially with the one who is so attached.

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing and report that Suni is doing so much better. Appetite has slowed, lost a few ounces, drinking near normal and she is more active. Still her sassy self. Her eye healed wonderfully and she gets around great. However though, she has become more attached to me and wants to be right with me at all times.? On the flip side, her trachea has become much worse and she coughs a lot. We are trying to control it with meds and they seem to help considerably.

I pray for all those here who are having a difficult time with their babies. It's a dreadful ordeal to go through, but we must do what we have to, and what's best, for our precious little ones. God bless you all, and my love to all the special folks on this forum sacrificing their valuable time for those in need as they travel the cushings road.

Oh Shelba, how great to hear from you! Iím so sorry that Suniís still troubled by her cough, but it sounds as though everything else is on the upswing right now ó WHEW!

Thanks so much for checking in, and weíll surely be keeping our fingers crossed for you and your girls!

Love, Marianne

Default Suni and Adequan injections

I started my 12 pound poodle, Suni, on Adequan injections a week and half ago to try and strength the cartilage in her trachea. She has had a total of three injections. This morning her appetite was way down and this afternoon she has vomitted a big amount of food with clear to yellow liquid. Doesn't want anythinjg to eat. I understand this can be a side effect of Adequan.

She also has the collapsing trachea along with cushings.

My question is: how much liquid pepto can I give my 12 pound precious baby to settle her stomach, or is there something better? I went through her medicine cabinet and she has no anti-nausea meds. I am trying to wait until tomorrow to reach out to her doctor. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Suni and Adequan injections

Shelba, I’m so sorry I just now saw your Pepto question this morning after you’ve probably been worrying all night! I’m afraid I don’t know the answer, though, so contacting your vet is really your best bet. I’ve been given Rx Cerenia in the past to administer for nausea, but I don’t know about other over-the-counter options. I’m so hoping that Suni’s little stomach has settled down since you wrote last night. Please let us know what the vet says, and how she’s doing today, OK?

Sending big hugs to you, and healing hugs to sweet Suni.
    Marianne

I wasn't on either, Shelba, and didn't see you post til just now. How is Suni this morning? My little Tilly was just diagnosed with collapsing trachea. She was put on an antibiotic who's name I can't remember and a narcotic for cough called Lonox. She stopped hacking and coughing and gagging within 1 day after starting these. She finished the AB this weekend, Fri nite was her last dose, and Sat night had one episode of hacking. BUT I had also put a little pressure on her throat that evening trying to keep a neighbor's happy-to-see-someone Pit from jumping all over us and I'm sure that had something to do with it as well. The narcotic she was taking twice a day along with the AB but I took it down to once a day when that was finished because doc said to use these "as needed". She got one last nite with her supper but not this morning and if she does ok all day I don't plan to give her one this evening. Adequan is in the plan tho if needed. I hope you sweet girl is feeling better and that her treatments help.
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Hoping her little tummy is doing better. I would contact my vet too about he dosage --- I am currently giving Cailey Pepcid (through the vets and not over the counter and also giving Cerenia to Cailey ---- have been going through a ton of stuff with her these past months. It takes at least a few days to show some relief but they both do work well with her.
    Hugs,
    T.