Hello everyone! I just had a feeling a few years ago that I would be back someday looking for information and support from this special group, and sure enough, here I am!

Suni's story is a long one, so I will just cut to the chase and fill in details later. She is 12 years old and the beat of my heart. She is unofficially diagnosed with cushings. I say unofficially, I mean I have been in denial and not pursued a diagnosis because I was certain I couldn't subject her to the treatment, however, my vet said she is almost certain she has it. She has a collapsing trachea and difficulty breathing sometime; she has a bad cataract in one eye that is going to cause her the loss of that eye; she has cherry eye in the other one that has been corrected, but wasn't successful, so we keep drops in it to keep down infection; she has the onset of arthritis; persistent gallbladder sludge; is overweight and is very cautious about her surroundings, naturally. That's pretty much an outline of my sweet girl, but she is still happy and all functions are great! Labs have been good except a high steadily increasing Alph. I am totally freaked out about her and am trying to, in the end, do what is best for her, not me. Would love to hear your opinions, advice and comments and most certainly, your support. I am looking forward to getting re-acquainted and meeting everyone. Thanks to all and thank you Marianne for being so gracious in helping me find my way back!