Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre pill cortisol test

Default Re: Pre pill cortisol test

At one time Dechra had a very good video of Dr. Ramsey discussing his findings but the link to that is broken indicating Dechra has removed it. Several are now searching for it and I will share it here if it's found again. Thanks for posting that from the paper on the study of the PVC, Marianne!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I’ve been looking unsuccessfully for that video link, too! I’m fearing that Dechra may have removed a lot of their Vetoryl treatment and monitoring info from public view. If so, that’s *really* maddening! I guess I shouldn’t make premature accusations, but I’m suddenly finding a lot of broken links to stuff that was previously available to us :-((((...

I’ll keep looking, too!

Edited to add: OK, I’m back from searching Dechra’s website, and it looks as though Dr. Ramsey’s video — as well as other in-depth info — is now only available to “Veterinary Professionals” who register and log in. Only a limited number of brochures are still publicly available to “Owners.” How annoying!!!!! I believe I’ll be giving Dechra a call to convey my surprise and displeasure. Good grief.

https://www.dechra.co.uk/therapy-are...shings-disease
    Last edited by labblab; 03-16-2021 at 11:38 AM. Reason: To add.

Thank you so much for all of your replies and sorry for the delay in responding. I did read them at the time but just didn’t have the time to properly reply. We had another diagnosis of a mast cell tumour and possible lymphoma, investigations are still ongoing.

Our other dog, shyla, who had the diagnosis back a few years ago is still with us. She is still monitored regularly to make sure she’s doing ok but in herself she is generally well. She remains on cerenia and phenoxybenzamine. Recently she has been having some weakness in her back leg and she had protein and blood in her urine a few days ago which she’s been put on antibiotics for. Waiting to see now if the antibiotics clear it up or not though. I wonder whether anyone has had any experience of this being related to the Cushings?

Urinary infections, and hind leg weakness, are common in cush pups so I hope the ABs solve the issue. How is she doing?
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.