Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newbie Helicopter Pet Mom needs help/support - 12 yr old American Bulldog Part 1

Default Re: Newbie Helicopter Pet Mom needs help/support - 12 yr old American Bulldog Part 1

Thank you so much Joan. I know you are hurting as well. I'm sure you are experiencing the same feelings of loss, as I, this Thanksgiving Day and I send my love to help comfort you. Each day that passes gets a tiny bit better, but we all know, the emptiness will never go away or be replaced. We just somehow go on and move forward, one day at a time.

I share a website I found that may be helpful to someone experiencing the imminent death of their dog. Being curious why Patch was so unusually thirsty just seconds before he passed, I needed an explanation. I also wanted to ease my mind, feeling somewhat guilty that I may have not done enough to help him. I do know I did everything I could, but we always second guess ourselves. This information helped me, even though after the fact. Forgive me as I am not well adapted to do the actual link.

Signs Your Dog is Dying: A Caring Message to Bring You Peace - Dr. Buzby's ToeGrips for Dogs

Then feeling sad this holiday season and needing to feel "normal", I found these below sites that helped as well. Hopefully they are also helpful to others.

Grieving the loss of a pet during the holidays (healingpetloss.com)

Pet Loss and the Holidays: Four Things To Consider When Grieving During the Holidays (animalsinourhearts.com)

Surviving the Holiday Season After Pet Loss - Fidose of Reality

Thank you to everyone. We are all in this together. Sharing and caring.

Donna
    "It is important to remember that you are your petís advocate, your petís voice, so no one can tell you what you will and will not do when it comes to making health based decisions for your loved ones."

Default Re: Newbie Helicopter Pet Mom needs help/support - 12 yr old American Bulldog Part 1

Thank you, Donna. I will be interested in reading these. Hugs to you....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Doree, Cooper, and now Sibble.

Your very welcome Joan. If you or Marianne could enlighten me please, I would like to have Patch listed in memory of, but don't know how to add him. I also want to do a picture, and if you recall Marianne, I was unable to do so way back because of some glitches.

Patch was 14 when he past on Monday Nov. 2nd recently. I rescued him when he was almost a year old (like you Joan with your baby) from drug dealers who abandoned him. Not that that is important. He certainly was a happy boy and knew he was so loved!

I read an interesting article today I thought might be helpful to someone. I subscribe to Dr.'s Karen Becker and Mercola's newsletters. I think I figured out how to add links and hope I did it correctly below.

Compassionate Care for Senior and Terminal Pets (mercola.com)

https://healthypets.mercola.com/site...rid=1333998730

Moving on best I can, one day at a time. Many hugs back to you Joan as well,
    Donna
    "It is important to remember that you are your petís advocate, your petís voice, so no one can tell you what you will and will not do when it comes to making health based decisions for your loved ones."

Well, I finally figured it out and added just a few pictures of Patch!!! Wasn't so difficult after all! Now to figure out how to show Patch's pic with my name.... Patch was like a little kid who loved to dress up and show off .. such a patient baby.
    Donna

There's a link, Donna, about frequently asked questions. I think you can add your avatar there. I just went in and changed my signature to include Gable as an angel. Marianne or one of the other admins will be able to add Patch to the Loving Memory page. I don't have the rights to do that (and wouldn't know how anyway, lol).

And thank you for the information you sent. I knew he was dying from the fact that he was hiding in the yard and am furious with myself for letting our vet talk me out of that. He was in pain all day into the night...if only I had gone with my gut feeling.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Doree, Cooper, and now Sibble.

Oh Donna, Iím so sorry Iíve been tardy about checking in ó I had been away from home over the holiday and am just now back once again. Iím doubly sorry to have missed your news about sweet Patch. Absolutely, heís now been added to our memorial list of Cushingís angels, and it would be our privilege to also add a link on his memorial line to one of your new pictures. Theyíre all wonderful. If you tell me which one youíd like to have added to our memorial album, Iíll take care of it right away. Or if thereís a different one youíd like for us to use, just let me know that, as well.

As far as adding an avatar, take a look at this link:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/faq...atures_avatars

As long as youíve already logged in before viewing the information, there should be embedded links that will take you directly to the area of your personal Control Panel that will allow you to add your avatar.

Once again, Iím so sorry about your loss. Thank you so much, though, for returning to tell us what has happened. This way, even though we know the days ahead will be hard, we can celebrate Patchís life and beautiful spirit alongside you. Fare thee well, sweet boy.

My warmest thoughts are with you,
    Marianne