Thread: New member - 14.5 y/o Vizsla

Default New member - 14.5 y/o Vizsla

Hi. My Viszula is also 14.5 & recently diagnosed. I’m at a loss at this point. I’ll find her labs & post
    Thanks.

Default New member - 14.5 y/o Vizsla

Hello, and welcome to you and your girl! I noticed that you had posted your note as a reply on another Vizsla parent’s thread. I’ve left a copy of your note on that thread, but I‘ve also moved a copy here, so as to start a new thread of your very own. This way, it’ll be much easier for our members to talk with you directly about any questions you may have about your girl.

To start us off, that’ll be great if you want to post her labs. In order to keep it as easy as possible for you, though, you only need to list any values that are either abnormally high or low, in addition to the “normal” range for that value.

Also, can you tell us more about her overall health history, and the symptoms that led you and your vet to suspect Cushing’s? Also, if there has been specific diagnostic testing for Cushing’s, we’ll want to know that, as well. Typically this would involve one or the other of two blood tests: the ACTH stimulation test or the LDDS (Low Dose Dexamethasone Suppression Test).

In the meantime, we’re really glad you’ve found us, and we’ll be eager to help in any way we can!
    Marianne