Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help-dog stopped breathing and went limp last Saturday-thought was dead.

Default Re: Please help-dog stopped breathing and went limp last Saturday-thought was dead.

Is there a better way to tell if she has fluid in her lungs besides counting her breaths while sleeping? I have been told to only give her furosemide if her breathing is 35+ or her breathing in labored or if she is coughing. Sometimes I can’t tell if she is coughing or just clearing her throat or sneezing or if her breathing is “labored” as she is a Boston and her breathing is loud in general-sleeping anyway. I find her noises are hard to gage.

Default Re: Please help-dog stopped breathing and went limp last Saturday-thought was dead.

I’m very sorry but I just don’t have enough knowledge about heart and lung issues to advise you about this. I’d encourage you to call back to the cardiologist and tell him that you’re having a very hard time judging when to give the medication. Hopefully he can clarify his instructions about this, and I think he’d be the best one to do so.

I can imagine how stressful it must be for you to be constantly monitoring Widget’s breathing. I’d be exhausted, myself, if it was me!! I sure hope the vet can give you some better tips about this. Do let us know, OK?

Marianne