Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stella - 10 year old Corgi/American Eskimo mix (Stella has passed)

Default Re: Stella - 10 year old Corgi/American Eskimo mix

Marianne, thank you again for your wonderful reply and resources. We are so glad to have connected with this kind caring group. We thought something in person or a therapist might help as well, so again we appreciate the information.

I have been gathering images of Stella and processing grief through a writing a tribute blog in her honor which I will share soon.

And thank you Joan, I’m so glad this group has been so supportive for you. Losing your little one is the greatest grief in the world. In fact, a friend of mine sent me this article showing research that confirms losing a pet can be as difficult if not worse than losing a human loved one: https://theconversation.com/why-losi...r-friend-68207

Chris and I are still questioning how this happened so quickly. Our baby was diagnosed officially with Cushing’s September 2019, and we never would’ve imagined she’d be gone in less than a year. We had a beautiful burial for her and are talking to her every day. We are still in a lot of pain, but the waves of grief are thankfully a little lighter than the tsunamis they were the first few days.

Thank you again for listening and providing this supportive space. We send everyone else love as well ♥️

Adele

Hey everyone.

Chris here.

My wife Adele has been carrying the torch for the both of us as I lick my wounds. The days have gotten a bit lighter/brighter but last night I got hit again with some deep grief, sadness, and a NEED for more answers. I've been following up with vets and obsessively searching the internet to get those answers. I know this is part of the grieving process AND it's really been a struggle. Right now, I am trying to be present and let go. I will be checking back in from time to time but for now, here is a beautiful piece that Adele wrote about our amazing star, Stella.

From Adele:

Hello everyone,

I wrote a blog tribute to Stella and wanted to share it with our new friends here. Honoring Stella this way was very healing, and so far the piece has received much support from fellow animal lovers. We miss our baby so much, but at least we can return here to reflect and remember...and see her pictures any time. Hope you enjoy ��

https://adeleuddo.com/stella-a-legacy-of-love/

Adele

What a wonderful tribute to your precious Stella. I could feel the love and joy and anguish as I read. There is no doubt your precious girl is watching you with such pride and love. Thank you so much for letting us be a small part of her journey.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I cried through the whole blog...so sweet, so touching, so, so beautifully written.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful tribute along with those stunning photos! Absolutely a perfect window into your lives together. Several years ago, one of our dear members here introduced us to the descriptor of a “dog-worthy” life. I’ve always found that term to be particularly meaningful, both while basking in the joy of a dog’s life while in full bloom, and also when having to weigh the heartbreaking decision of release at the end when the pleasures of living are gone. There can be no question but that Stella was gifted with an extraordinarily dog-worthy life while in your loving care. A wonderful home and abundant love while her body was as strong as her spirit, but the gift of release when her body had failed and her life here on earth could be dog-worthy no more.

It’s so, so hard to lose them, though. I think every human relationship, no matter how loving, is still complicated in one way or another. My relationships with my dogs have never felt complicated, though, in any way. Just pure love. Pure unconditional love. I guess that’s why losing them has torn my own heart apart in a way that’s different from even the humans who I’ve loved dearly.

Fare thee well, little Stella, on your newest journey. And more hugs and warm thoughts to you, Chris and Adele, as you continue on your own journey forward. Hopefully your dear memories will help to sweeten the path and ease the pain, at least a bit. But we know the steps can be very hard, and that’s why we’ll always be here to walk alongside you.

Marianne

Marianne, every time we receive a response here, one of us is in tears This is an incredible community and we are so lucky to have connected with such kind hearted people during this difficult time. I sincerely appreciate you reading the blog post. Stella is touching many souls, even in the afterlife. She continues to teach me and Chris much about LOVE. We are so grateful to have had such a precious dog daughter. And thank you for seeing her dog worthy life

Thank you so much dear Leslie and Joan. I sincerely appreciate you both reading the blog post. It makes us happy to share Stella with other dog loving souls. Leslie, that quote is so beautiful and something I will save. Hugs to you both x