Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angel Pancreatitis Help Please

Default Re: Angel Pancreatitis Help Please

Oh Claire :-))))). Please know we’re right there alongside you in spirit as you head in. Fingers still crossed. *Really* crossed!

Thank you all for the positive thoughts and prayers!! I did manage to get Angel to eat a few bites of turkey. Not much but it was something. She still seems a little painful in the belly but the diarrhea seems to be diminishing. They are anxious to see if she keeps the turkey down. I watched the video and felt she was anxious because she needed to pee. Ive seen her rock back and forth like that in her car seat if she needs to go with that ‘anxious’ look. And the doctor said Angel peed on one of the nurses so.....likely that was it. And apparently she relaxed and was more peaceful thereafter. I let her walk a little and she took a very very long pee. They are trying to scale back the fluids and meds and hope maybe Thursday she can come home although she still may not be eating as well as we would like. It may take some time to restore her to proper eating, all the harder as she has always been picky. Such a bundle of emotions!! I’m worn out!!

I hope this morning arrives with good news and an Angel that feels much better. Please keep us updated! Prayers continue for all, including her medical team.

Hugs.
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I thought I replied yesterday but guess I didn’t do something right. My girl is home and she was eating before we left the parking lot at the ve school. She ate pretty well yesterday with no regurgitation or diarrhea. Angel is a bit tired but that’s to be expected. I don’t imagine ICU is the quietest or most restful place. She seems very happy to be back home and we are sure happy to have her back. For the moment Angel is on a drug holiday for a few days and we will start to reintroduce her meds in 24-48 Hrs. She remains on meds for nausea and appetite stimulation. Liver enzymes seem to be trending downward which is also good news. Will keep you posted and again, thanks for all the support during this difficult time for me! Thanks to everyone for the prayers and encouragement!!

So happy she's home!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Wonderful news! So glad she is back home!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

So glad you have you girl back!

Just a quick update. “Miss Picky” seems to be doing pretty well. Trying to get her to eat a sensible diet isn’t the easiest but she picks at it. She seems to be feeling pretty good and I am slowly cutting back on the anti nausea meds.Still have her on an appetite stimulant for the time. Being. Gradually resuming her regular medications. Fingers crossed that there is no relapse!!
    Thanks to everyone for the moral support and advice!!

Hugs,Claire & Angel

Sounds like a plan to me! Keep up the good work, Mom!