Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not convinced my dog doesn’t have Cushings! (Cesar has passed)

Default Re: Not convinced my dog doesn’t have Cushings! (Cesar has passed)

I am so deeply sorry to read this news, but I do understand about your decision and how incredibly painful this day must be for you. In the midst of your own shock and sorrow, thank you so much for taking the time to come back and tell us what has happened. We hope it may offer a tiny bit of comfort to know that Cesar has now been added to our special memorial thread where he will always be honored:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...Left-Us-(2020)

As hard as it is to lose him, I hope you’ll also find comfort in knowing that you rescued him twice now. You rescued him physically back in 2018 when you gave him a wonderful life and home; now you’ve rescued his spirit by releasing it from his ailing body. He was so lucky that his forever home turned out to be yours.

One other thing I want to mention is the possibility that Cesar’s Cushing’s may have been caused by a pituitary tumor that was enlarging and placing pressure on the parts of his brain that control his appetite and behavior. I worried about that a bit when I first read your description of his lethargy and staring at the floor beginning back last fall. That’s what I suspect caused me to lose my own Cushpup, and it also was a possible issue for another recent member, little Stella. Her parents lost Stella just last week, so I had also been writing on her thread about the ill effects of such a macrotumor. Diagnostics and treatment of a macrotumor are very expensive and must be performed at specialty centers. My own boy was in such ill health and had already put up with so much testing that I did not feel as though I could ask any more of him, either. So I truly do understand the push-and-pull of praying for answers, but also not wanting to poke and prod our furbabies any further. Sometimes the greatest gift is truly to give them peace.

But all of us here also understand how much your own heart must be hurting today. So please know that we’ll always welcome you back here at any time if you want to talk or vent or just share stories of your lives together. In the meantime, I’m sending many hugs to you from across the miles.

Always in loving memory of your dear boy,
    Marianne

How sad, I am so sorry for your loss of dear Cesar. Losing them is just so hard. Many hugs to you during this heartbreaking time.

Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dear Ryles,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet Cesar. No matter what is going on, we are never ready to face this day when they must leave us for a while. Yes, for a while. I firmly believe we will all see our precious babies again one day when we cross that Valley from this life to the next. Cesar will be waiting for you then and from that time on you will never be parted again. Til then, he will be watching over you with the same love and care with which you watched over him for so long.

Grieve as long as you need in any way that you need. There is only one rule to grieving...do no harm. So don't let guilt take hold. It is part of the grieving process but let it be a passing phase as it should be. To hold on to it is harmful. You did all you could to help your precious baby boy and he knows that so don't beat yourself up.

Please know we are here if you need to talk, cry, scream, vent, whatever. We DO understand.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie

Tribute to a Best Friend

By Unknown Author

Sunlight streams through window pane onto a spot on the floor…
    then I remember,
    it’s where you used to lie, but now you are no more.

Our feet walk down a hall of carpet, and muted echoes sound…
    then I remember,
    it’s where your paws would joyously abound.

A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill,
    then I remember,
    it can’t be yours — your golden voice is still.

But I’ll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall,
    and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall.

I’ll wrap these treasured memories in a blanket of my love,
    and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi Marriane, thank you for your kind words. My vet also said he feels it could be a macrotumour. He really went downhill so much over the past week. He didn’t really even look like my Cesar anymore and lost so much weight in such a short space of time. My heart is absolutely aching for him today. I will miss him so much. X

Quote Originally Posted by Joan2517 View Post
    How sad, I am so sorry for your loss of dear Cesar. Losing them is just so hard. Many hugs to you during this heartbreaking time.

Joan
    Thank you Joan

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt's Mom View Post
    Dear Ryles,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet Cesar. No matter what is going on, we are never ready to face this day when they must leave us for a while. Yes, for a while. I firmly believe we will all see our precious babies again one day when we cross that Valley from this life to the next. Cesar will be waiting for you then and from that time on you will never be parted again. Til then, he will be watching over you with the same love and care with which you watched over him for so long.

Grieve as long as you need in any way that you need. There is only one rule to grieving...do no harm. So don't let guilt take hold. It is part of the grieving process but let it be a passing phase as it should be. To hold on to it is harmful. You did all you could to help your precious baby boy and he knows that so don't beat yourself up.

Please know we are here if you need to talk, cry, scream, vent, whatever. We DO understand.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie

Tribute to a Best Friend

By Unknown Author

Sunlight streams through window pane onto a spot on the floor…
    then I remember,
    it’s where you used to lie, but now you are no more.

Our feet walk down a hall of carpet, and muted echoes sound…
    then I remember,
    it’s where your paws would joyously abound.

A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill,
    then I remember,
    it can’t be yours — your golden voice is still.

But I’ll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall,
    and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall.

I’ll wrap these treasured memories in a blanket of my love,
    and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.
    Thank you Leslie, such lovely words. Yep the guilt has already set in. Just wish I’d pushed for the Cushings test so much earlier instead of listening to the vet. He’d had it for 8 months and most probably suffered a bit. That makes me feel so bad. But I know he knows I loved him more than anything. He was my best boy. I’ll never forget him.

Hi Ryles,

This is Adele, Stella's mom who Marianne referenced on the 16th. My husband Chris and I are touched by your story and can relate to your feelings. We too had more than one vet downplay the possibility (then the severity) of Stella's Cushing's. So very sorry to hear about sweet Cesar. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved and that you did what you thought was best at the time. We all put faith in the 'experts' and often they are correct, but perhaps our recent experiences are also pointing us to trust our own intuitions as well.

Thank you for sharing about Cesar and for being such a big hearted pet papa. I hope you give a lucky dog another home when the time is right. I'm sure Cesar will be putting the word out on the streets...

One of the things someone shared that has helped me the most is that the love these precious animals gave while they were here and left once they departed continues to GROW. It's as if a seed was planted and their magic will appear throughout your life, especially if you look.

Wishing you all the best,
    Adele