Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Corona Virus Pandemic Preparedness

Default Re: Corona Virus Pandemic Preparedness

That is interesting! Seems this virus can hit the kidneys but most folk suffer damage instead of improvement. But I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth! LOL
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Well, let's see… CA is trending down from a very large, terrifying surge. Schools were impacted greatly. Subs were virtually nonexistent, which left administrators scrambling to cover classrooms and programs. I have been off on Covid leave for the last 10 days. Will be returning to work tomorrow. I came down with cold symptoms, which could also be Covid symptoms. I have had multiple tests, including antigen and PCR tests, which of all came back negative. So, it looks like I actually had a cold. Symptoms are resolving themselves. There was a time not long ago, before Covid, that we worked through colds. Those days are gone! So it looks like I have escaped Covid once again. Still don't know how?!

Indoor mask mandates for those vaccinated will be lifted on February 15, tomorrow. All unvaccinated need to still wear their masks while indoors. Here's the catch, that's pretty much everyone, except children under five. This is on the honor system, which never works! Those vaccinated or not, will go unmasked if they choose to. No one will be checking, no one will be asking. So it goes.

As far as the schools, CA is continuing it's mask mandates/Covid protocols until at least February 28th. At that time it will be revisited depending on case numbers, hospitalizations/etc. As much as wearing a mask is challenging for me, it does help me feel a little safer when everyone is masked. Getting coughed and sneezed on in the classroom, is a certainty. Masks do curtail that to some degree. I will be continuing to wear my mask regardless of protocol changes for the forseeable future. With the students unmasked, I will probably wear a shield also while working closely in small groups.

I totally understand that people are sick of Covid. I definitely am! It's been almost 2 years since California shut down and life as we know it changed forever. It looks like it's here to stay and I realize that we all have to find a way to live with it, as safely as possible. That means following the science and changing protocols as variants emerge. So I will have to adapt to unmasked people close to me and I'm not feeling really comfortable with that for now.

I hope that all are well and everyone is coping the best they can. Stay safe!
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Kathy, thanks so much for your update! I’m so glad to hear that apparently your cold is really a cold (how crazy does that sound, but here we are!). I think the experience for many of us nationwide is mirroring what you’re describing out there. Many mask mandates are easing, and right where I am, I’m noticing far fewer employees wearing masks inside the stores and offices where they work. Interestingly, many customers (like me!) are still wearing their masks, but not so many workers. I guess that makes sense. It’s far less uncomfortable for me to don a mask for the few minutes I’m inside the building than it is for a worker to be wearing a mask for hours on end. But it definitely is a change that I’m trying to get used to. Personally, I really don’t mind wearing a mask on my errands, so I’m guessing it’ll still be quite a while before I give up that feeling of security.

Ironically, my next step towards normalcy is probably gonna be to go and get my shingles vaccination. Hubby and I got the first version several years ago, but we need to step up for the new vaccine. It fell to a much lower priority in my mind during the pandemic, and I didn’t want to interfere with my COVID series of vaxes by inserting the two shingles jabs, as well. But now I think it would be a good time to head on in. You can tell how boring my life remains at the moment when yet another vaccination is my big news! But as I keep saying, right now “boring” is not such a bad thing ;-).

Take care, Kathy, and stay safe.

Well, California schools unmasked on March 11. That means officially everyone was able to return on Monday the 14th, whether vaccinated or not without a mask. Masks are now highly recommended, instead of required. That means that everyone in my class is now unmasked, except me, who is still wearing one. Cases in my district have dropped dramatically, but are slowly starting to tick up again. I think it's due to everyone being unmasked and a new variant which is emerging. That's where my head is right now. I could be entirely wrong.

I had my fourth Covid shot (Second booster) after work on Friday. I was pretty out of it yesterday, with chills and achiness. I am feeling much better today. Thankfully I didn't get anywhere near as sick as with the last one. I had it done right before my two week spring break, just in case I had another severe reaction. Thankfully that didn't happen this time.

At this point I am sure that Covid will outlive me! Stay as safe as you can and check in when you were able.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Just checking in again with our family. I have no news to report on my end. Miraculously, hubby and I have remained infection free, but we continue to mask and lead very self-contained lives. A number of friends and relatives have recently *finally* tested positive after all these months. They’ve stayed careful, but these newer strains just seem better able to evade vaccination and general protection. Anyway, we’ll surely welcome updates from you all.

Best wishes, as always!
    Marianne

So far, so good here. We have managed to dodge this bullet! But Jess, Sigi and the kids are in Germany for 10 days. Hopefully they don't bring anything back with them. I'm picking them up at JFK next Thursday and they have been warned that they will need to wear masks, or pay for a car.

They have become very careless since three of them have already had it. They were in Busch Gardens for a week a couple of weeks ago and we would not let them over here until at least a week went by. Sometimes I just don't understand them...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.