Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Corona Virus Pandemic Preparedness

Default Re: Corona Virus Pandemic Preparedness

Life continues pretty much as usual for me. I lived fairly isolated before COVID but I do miss my infrequent visits with friends and family....and REALLY miss going out to eat! I love to grab a good book and go do that but haven't been in a restaurant since March and don't know when I will again. Probably not until there is a viable vaccine at least. Most of my groceries are either via online order/pickup or delivery but on rare occasions I do go to the store. These times have become my big adventures. LOL But the last month I have been almost incapacitated by diverticulitis - a hell I don't wish on anyone! I dearly love food, as my waistline will attest to, but am learning that food is now my enemy. A liquid diet seems to be where I am going to be staying for a while because every time I try to add something solid the cost is just too high. So it's liquid or full liquid for now. What I wouldn't give for some Sushi!

Since my family is of the faction that believes COVID is a big ole hoax that will disappear on Nov 4, I will be spending the holidays alone this year. It won't be the first time but this year my oldest grandson turned 19 and I know his days at home are numbered so I will miss being together with them more because of that.

The dogs are doing fine and as always help bring meaning to my little world. I don't see may coons these day; my troop has all died I guess. There was one female that came around this spring for a while and I think she was one of the kits from that troop. I had hoped she would bring her kits around and there would be coons around again but it didn't happen. From time to time I see signs at the water bowl some have been there and I hear them in the woods at night often but they don't come out to visit. I miss them terribly. But I still believe Squirt sent Mama that spring because she knew her time was close and that I would need Mama and her buddies for a while.

I pray always that we all remain well and safe in our new normal and that one day things can return to a semblence of what we used to call normal in the near future. Take care of yourselves, please.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: Corona Virus Pandemic Preparedness

I pray always that we all remain well and safe in our new normal and that one day things can return to a semblence of what we used to call normal in the near future. Take care of yourselves, please.
    I want to restate Leslie’s prayer. With the explosive growth of COVID cases throughout our country, it’s hard to know what the future will hold. Everything is just the same in my house; nothing at all has changed. We enjoyed a surprisingly fun Halloween, which I wrote about on our “In Loving Memory” subforum. Aside from that, we’ve still seen no friends nor family since March, and continue to cocoon in hopes of avoiding the virus. I’m so hoping the rest of our K9C family remains safe, as well.

Marianne