Thread: Corona Virus Pandemic Preparedness

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Corona Virus Pandemic Preparedness

Due to rapidly increasing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) cases, the state of California has been shutdown/locked down. All businesses have been closed, with the exception of grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations, emergency services, and hospitals. Citizens are urged to call, or email their primary care doctors if they feel ill. They are not to go to the hospitals, or medical centers unless instructed to do so, or there iis an immediate emergency. Video appointments are being used whenever possible. Citizens are been told to stay home unless there is an immediate need. Those who have to venture out are instructed to maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet, wash hands fot 20 seconds, and use hand sanitizer when soap and water is unavailable. Right now, hand sanitizer is not to be found anywhere. If you don't already have some, it is too late. Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces three times a day is encouraged. Skeptics are finally starting to believe that this is a real emergency. Governor Newsom announced that CA students will likely not return to school until the fall.

Please post the current conditions in your area. Your general location to fine. This helps others to see what might be headed their way, so they can prepare as much as possible. It also supports those who are already locked down. It helps us to feel more connected and less isolated. Worry, panic, and fear run rapid when citzens feel out of control and helpless. This situatin is financially crippling for thousands (soon to be hundreds of thousands), of people who no longer can go to work. Rent/house payments, bills, taxes, and daily living expenses continue. This is just the beginning in CA. It could go on for a very long time. Lets stay connected by sharing what we know, while trying to stay safe. Regardless of where you live globally, you are being affected by this one way or another. Know that you are not alone. We are all in this together.

Thanks for sharing Joan. I wish I could help you. I wish I could help everyone. We can at least stick together. That we can do!

There are 4O,000,000 people in CA who have been locked down with no end in sight. That is terrifying!!
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 03-20-2020 at 10:57 AM. Reason: To add
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!