Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Yohnny 11 year old Shih-tzu with Cushing-like problems

Default Re: Signs of low cortisol?

If he's still taking Vetoryl, I would stop for a few days and see if that makes a difference.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Ok. Thank you. Seeing vet today.

Hi, Amanda,
    Sorry for the delay in responding to you.

How was his last ACTH test? Any signs of loss of appetite or nausea or lethargy? If the ACTH was good and you aren't seeing any other signs of low cortisol I would tend to think this is unrelated to Cushing's and may be due to something he ate or stress or a return of the prior tummy problems. Any sign of blood in the stool?
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you for respons. He is doing better now and his tummy has calmed down. No loss of appetite or nausea or lethargy. Have met with his vet. She does not think it is Cushings related either. Latest pre-vetoryl test was a little above the "correct" number but not enough to worry vet (she is IMS) we are taking one again soon. He does have a sensitive stomach so I am working on that. Thanks again.

I apologize for being so late to get back to your thread, but I’m very relieved to know that Yohnny is doing better again now. Sometimes these GI upsets can be so hard to figure out. My elderly non-Cushing’s Lab periodically has episodes of inappetance and loose stools, and for the life of me, I’ve yet to figure out the trigger. But fortunately for us, she ultimately gets over them and it sounds like the same thing has happened for Yohnny, too. Anyway, I’m very glad to know he’s feeling better!

Marianne