Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Newly diagnosed - Any success stories with Tristolane?

Default Re: Newly diagnosed - Any success stories with Tristolane?

Ahh, thank you so much for your kind words, and you are most welcome! All of our members here are so special, including you and Rex!! Don't ever doubt that you are taking wonderful care of him.

I'm surely hoping that maybe you guys had a more peaceful night. We'll be anxious to hear as the weekend progresses.

OK....... I have an update and such good news to share! Rex is thriving on 10 mg Tristolane. His latest blood work shows that his liver enzymes are back in the low normal range, so are his platelets and cholesterol!!!! Proteinuria has been reduced to although still a little bit of protein in urine..... but Vet is thrilled and so am I! We are going to do another ACTH Stim test at the end of May to see if he may benefit from 10mg in the am with his breakfast and 5mg in the evening with a big snack. He has started asking to go out at night again but his water consumption is back to normal! The only issue I am having is getting my picky baby to eat!!! I have to make his dog food now and hand feed him to get him to eat enough at one time in order to administerer his Vitoryl properly! All in all....... no complaints here! I post this to give hope to all of you who are fearful of Tristolane. Remember..... Rex did not have many clinical signs at all, we caught this diagnosis very early as it was diagosed through abnormal blood work prior to annual dental cleaning. I can't recommend enough to have blood work done at each check up if you can afford it...... I feel and the Vet feels that Rex has many good years ahead of him because this was caught extremely early. I'm so happy! Thank you for helping and guiding me through this process and I am willing to be a resource to any of you that need help!

Wonderful update!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh wow, this is a great update, for sure! Thanks so much for taking the time to come back to let us know how Rex is doing. It really does brighten all our days to read this news. You all take good care, and please continue to stop by to check in with us, OK?

Marianne

Good news and always good to hear! I hope Rex continues to do well!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I loved to hear that your dog was 10 when diagnosed and now so much older. My vet said my dog would not live as long because of this and he normally sees them only age another 2 years. This is wonderful news!

I don't want to say any cases are the same so I won't. I will share with you my pup who passed away 4 years ago got her diagnosis a month before her 13th Birthday. It was early December of 2012 she passed mid April 2016. It wasn't always rainbows and roses, but got almost 3 1/2 years with her. We just got a diagnosis for Ginger and are deciding how to proceed. Hang in there, take it day by day, and appreciate every day.
    Angela

Hello everyone! It’s been a bit over a year and I wanted to give you all a Rex update. He’s doing great!!

He will be 13 April 6 and is still stable and healthy at 10mg trilostane once daily. I love to share some encouraging news! He still acts like a puppy some days and even though it’s expensive.... Rex gets a ACTH stim test every 3 months and labs to make sure we are remaining healthy.

He’s had his dental and developed a subsequent mouth infection due to a suture reaction that required antibiotics after teeth having to be pulled. Other than that..... no issues.

I really feel that I have great veterinary care for Rex and they are taking great care of him!

I’m confident that we are going to have many good years left!

I don’t know what I would have done when he was first diagnosed without all of you

What a wonderful update on Rex!!!!! Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know how well he is doing!! You're doing a great job with your precious boy!

“Ditto” to everything Lori wrote above!!!

Thanks sooooooooo much for returning with this excellent report — it cheers all our hearts when we hear that one of our K9C Cushpups is doing so well!

Best wishes to you and Rex, today and every day.
    Marianne