Thread: New member awaiting diagnostics

Default New member awaiting diagnostics

Hi! I'm Kim and I have a dog with Cushings. He has not been formally diagnosed, but I'm sure he has it. My vet is too. Will be doing a test later this month that takes 8 hours. He has a UTI right now. We're doing antibiotics for that now.

Default Re: New member awaiting diagnostics

Hello Kim, and welcome to you and your boy! You’ll see that I’ve moved your post so as to create a new thread that’s your very own. This way, it’ll be easier for us all to reply to you directly.

I think it’s wise for you to proceed with treating the UTI before testing for Cushing’s. Cushing’s diagnostics can be skewed when other illnesses are present, so it’s a good idea to try to clear up any obvious problems beforehand. Recurrent UTI’s are common with Cushing’s, though, so we can chalk that up as one consistent symptom. How about other symptoms that lead you and your vet to suspect Cushing’s? The more we can learn about your boy’s overall health history, the better we’ll be equipped to offer suggestions ;-).

So just let us know, and in the meantime — once again — welcome to you both!
    Marianne

Default Re: New member awaiting diagnostics

Hi Kim!

Marianne has covered all the bases so I just wanted to welcome you and your baby to K9C. I'm looking forward to learning more about your baby's health and the other signs he has that indicates Cushing's. I do want to let you know that barring any of the rare complications, Cushing's is not a death sentence. Most cush pups live out their normal lifespan and beyond. And we are here to help you make sure that happens!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.