Thread: Introducing myself and teddy

Default Introducing myself and teddy

Hi my name is Barb and my dog is a shichon called teddy, 11.5 yrs. He was diagnosed with cushings 7 months ago, but I believe he has had it for over a year. He is on 30ml of vetoral daily, and is due his next ACTH test in 5 months time. After the first 6 months they did a blood test and the quality had improved, although they did not go into detail. This morning early he kept falling over and wet himself. He is fine now but this lasted a minute or two. Apart from very occasional bile vomiting, I have not noticed anything else really since going on vetoral. The vet has said previously that it does not matter which type of cushings he has as they would not operate anyway, and so I do not know.

Default Re: Introducing myself and teddy

Hello Barb, and welcome to you and Teddy! I have to run out on some errands so can’t write as much as I’d like to right now. But I at least wanted to tell you that we’re really glad you’ve found us, and I’ll head back here to write more a little later on.

Marianne

Hi and welcome from me too. Could you post the tests and results that Teddy had to diagnose his Cushings, as well as any followup ACTH tests with the cortisol results, his weight and any blood work with just the highs, lows and reference ranges. All of this information will help get an idea of what might be going on with Teddy.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Hello again from me! I’m so glad that Joan had the chance to stop by yesterday and ask you those important questions, as that’s exactly what I would have done myself. Whenever a dog who is taking Vetoryl acts unwell, a cortisol level that may have dropped too low is our first worry. It sounds as though Teddy had an ACTH monitoring test performed last month, though. If so, it’ll be a big help to find out the actual numerical results to that test, and also the other tests that Joan mentioned.

Heating that Teddy fell over and wet himself does make me wonder whether he may have had a seizure of some sort. Has he had any more problems since then, or has he been OK? If we can find out more about his overall health history, we will be better able to help you sort things out. So we’ll stay tuned until we hear more back from you.

Marianne