Thread: Cushings takes Jasmine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cushings takes Jasmine

well, its nearly Christmas and this one won't have Jasmine there, except in spirit.
    Fine animal. Wouldnt hurt a fly and she succumbed to the disease and/or the treatment.
    She ended up with enlarged heart in addition to enlarged spleen and liver. The Vet and I discussed
    letting her go and I did. She didnt appear in pain but she was certainly beginning to not be able to get food
    down and such and had to be carried everywhere. She was my fathers pet which I inherited when my dad passed,
    so this dog was very special as was her male companion that came with her. The male dog passed some years ago
    due to a heart failure quite unexpectedly.

Nonetheless, I want to thank those here for giving us a place to vent. Her initial dosage was 30 mg then increased
    to 40mg and she died in less than 2 months. She was taken off the meds and put on prednizone. After a week of that she
    was not able to get food down or walk much. She had just turned 13. (cocker spaniel)

Default Re: Cushings takes Jasmine

We’re so sorry for the loss of your sweet Jasmine, especially right now during the holidays. It was so kind of you to adopt her and her companion at the time of your father’s death. I’m guessing that losing her may feel like the end of a special connection to your dad, making her death feel doubly hard.

If you care to tell us the date of her passing, it would be our privilege to add her name to our special memorial thread here on the forum. In that way, we can always join you in honoring Jasmine, her courage, and her spirit. Also, please do feel free to return at any time that you may wish to share more stories about both your dogs. We’re really glad that you found us, and we’ll always be here should you want to talk more about them, or just to let us how how you’re doing yourself.

Once again, I’m so very sorry for your loss.
    Marianne

Default Re: Cushings takes Jasmine

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our Cushing's journey started 4 years ago this week with Lena's diagnosis. We lost her just a couple of months later, February 19. It's hard, especially around the holidays. She's with your dad again, and they must be so happy to be together...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.