Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 12y/o JRT/Spanish Bodeguero - Sweet Maggie has passed

Default Re: 12y/o JRT/Spanish Bodeguero - Sweet Maggie has passed

This loss is still so fresh and new the rawness is ever present. After my Squirt had to leave I walked around my house for weeks on end sobbing and often a scream would tear out of me with no warning. The pain was just too much to bear silently. She's been gone since 2014 but I still cry because I am missing her so but the screaming has stopped. In time you will smile with the memories of your life with Maggie instead of crying but for now crying is what you are supposed to do. To me, all those tears are a way I honor Squirt and remember the love she shared with me. I don't ever want to forget so I will always be glad for the tears. In time the pain you feel today will lessen and come sporadically instead of being a constant. There is an old saying that says - "time heals all wounds". I have found that is a fallacy. Time hasn't healed my wounds at all but it has allowed me to learn to live with them, to bear them, in all their rawness at times, yet keep putting one foot in front of the other. I believe time will also allow you the same. For now, grieve as long as you need in any way that you need. There are no rules to grief other than to do no harm. Know you have a safe place to fall here when you need. We DO understand and we do care.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: 12y/o JRT/Spanish Bodeguero - Sweet Maggie has passed

Yes, it is hard to believe that they are gone. I can't believe we are coming up to four years since Lee left me. Sometimes it seems like yesterday, and then others it feels like a lifetime since I held her in my arms and she would sigh and lean her head against my heart; or how I would kiss the underside of her ears; or pick her up and kiss her potbelly. She was my heart and soul dog and I miss her everyday. Halloween was hard, she loved to sit outside on the stoop with me and greet all the trick or treaters. Every year she got her picture taken with so many kids. We loved it. It was one of our special times. This year I didn't cry, I just remembered...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.