Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newly Diagnosed cocker spaniel

Default Re: Newly Diagnosed cocker spaniel

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby boy. We are never ready no matter the circumstances.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you for your condolences on loosing Jasper. It is very quiet without the old man.

We are still having lots of accidents in the house even when the door is open for Ellie to go out. Should we put this regression in being House trained down to the Cushings or am I making excuses for a behavioural issue she has developed. She has also been more unsettled and panting for the last couple of days. Could this be stress related with Jasper not being there and she's just picking up on it. I am struggling to drawer a line between a side effect of the Cushings and her being a madam!
    Last edited by Jolly; 09-26-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Ellie could definitely be depressed with the loss of dear Jasper which could possibly make her do things that she didn't do before (pee accidents). One thing I do recommend is having her cortisol tested to see exactly where her levels are at. Is she drinking a lot of water?

Lori

Quote Originally Posted by Harley PoMMom View Post
    Ellie could definitely be depressed with the loss of dear Jasper which could possibly make her do things that she didn't do before (pee accidents). One thing I do recommend is having her cortisol tested to see exactly where her levels are at. Is she drinking a lot of water?

Lori
    She is not drinking to the same extent that she did pre diagnosis although I have noticed that she has had a couple of panting episodes again in the last few days. Her Vet is back from holiday next week so we will run it past her then

She was weeing and pooing in the house before Jasper died and we have thought she might just be following scent when he had accidents. Major steam clean due this weekend to see if that helps