Thread: Looking for someone using compounded meds for Cushings in Australia I have questions

Default Looking for someone using compounded meds for Cushings in Australia I have questions

Have lots of questions about compounded meds in Australia are they as good as originals Who do you recommend

Default Re: Looking for someone using compounded meds for Cushings in Australia I have questi

There was a study done on compounded Trilostane that found varying degrees in quality and strengths...link to that study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22611212

It is vital to use a reputable pharmacy to compound, many of our member use Diamondback located in Arizona...their link: https://www.diamondbackdrugs.com/

Do you have a furbaby diagnosed with Cushing's? If so, could you share more information about the diagnosis, testing, and your dog's health history?

Lori

Default Re: Looking for someone using compounded meds for Cushings in Australia I have questi

Hi Jules. I am in Australia as well. Like Lori said you really need to use a reputable compounding agency. I am in Perth ans use the compounding pharmacy that my vet clinic uses. I used Vetoryl for about 7-8 months and then changed to trilostane. Her ACTH stim results were consistent with the result when I was using the Vetoryl. She has been on trilostane now for well over 5 years. When my vet went went on maternity leave they mistakenly put through my prescription to an Amcal Compounding pharmacy and I could tell after a week that it was not the same as from the compounding pharmacy I was using. Went back to my original pharmacy and she was back to normal. I am not sure where you are situated but there is BOVA which is in Sydney and is used a lot by vet clinics. I am in Perth and use Maylands Compounding Pharmacy, and there is also Rods pharmacy that a lot of people with Cushings dogs use. Your Vet may have a recommendation of a local one that they use.
    Last edited by LauraA; 09-10-2019 at 11:57 PM.

My border terrier in NYC has been on compounded meds for several years. It is important to get a highly recommended pharmacy tho.