Thread: Our Silver Belle Labrador~Athena has crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New here. Diagnosis today for our Silver Lab of PD Cushings. Guidance please.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy1 View Post
    Hi,

I also have a dual diagnosis pup. Annie is a 10 year old miniature schnauzer who has been diabetic for over a year and was diagnosed with cushings in February of this year.

I share your frustration with the k9 diabetes forum and I’ll leave it at that. As far as insulin goes, Annie has always been on Novolin N—that’s what it says on the box and we buy it at Walmart for 26.00 a bottle—-no kidding. We started off buying it at CVS but were paying 120.00 for it there. We found out about the Walmart price by accident.

Uncontrolled cushings has a direct effect on how insulin works or doesn’t in dogs but you should probably talk to your vet about that. I hope this has helped a little. Blessings to you and Athena. Karen
    That’s strange I just posted a response but it disappeared anyway I wanted to thank you because your post helped us tremendously that’s the exact insulin that both are pharmacists told us about. Calling the vet tomorrow on that

I feel the same way about the diabetes site and I’m trying not to say a lot but I too will leave it at that I probably already said too much but I definitely will not be returning there

We are just trying to do the best we can for our girl to give her the best days that she can have it for as long as she can have without letting her suffer

Again thank you so much for your post it really did help us a lot :-) we will keep you posted

I forgot to say that yes were working on controlling her Cushing’s it may just require an increase in her compound medicine which we may be doing this week. She’s on the flex tabs but the pharmacy is out of state and has notified our vet that the flex tabs are no longer available and it’s going to be an elixir form that we will have to give her
    Last edited by WeLoveAthena; 07-07-2019 at 03:19 PM.