Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Symptoms

Default Re: Symptoms

I'm glad you switched vets. When our pets have any issues, it's better to have a vet that you have confidence in that they know what they are doing. At my vet's practice there I have lost all confidence in the owner. I use one of the others. Even as recently as a couple of weeks ago, he was giving wrong advice! I was ordering the 5mg capsules of Vetoryl for my Gable and because that dose is getting hard to come by, he told me to buy the 10mg and split it! I just stared at him for a second and then told him in front of everyone who was there, that you're not supposed to open and split the capsule. He laughed and said, oh that's right...but I wonder how many others he had told that to!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I think i would have given him a mean stare when he laughed after saying split the capsule.
    I said today this is a powerful drug and if they dont know how to administer it or monitor it then it can be dangerous. I was told they hadnt done anything dangerous so i replied you denied her previous cortisol was low, reduced dose by 10mg and said come back in a month for general chat, do you consider that responsible?

I did look at him with my mouth open in disbelief!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Visited our new vet today and Bo will get a pre vetoryl test done on monday then take it from there. He wants to get her on right dose then deal with heart murmur, protein in urine and check her blood pressure.
    Felt a weight lift of shoulders when we came out of consult.

Sounds like he knows what he's doing! Great.

Oh, I’m so relieved, too, to read this news!! I’m really proud of you for taking the reins and making this switch. Please do continue to update us, each step of the way.

Marianne

It was thanks to you and your links Marianne.
    My new vet asked if i had seen the flow chart and i produced it on my phone thanks to you.

I will let you know how we progress

Another update. A pre vetoryl blood sample was taken and the result was 88.3 which i was told was within the accepted range.
    After speaking to the dechra agent they said some dogs just dont show the improvement in symptoms that the results say they should have. Rather than splitting her dose to 10mg twice a day (because i just dont feel her hunger ever goes away) we are going to increase her back to 30mg and see how she is over the next 10-14 days.
    She has been very anxious the last couple of days (it has been warm/humid) which has been hard going as she is constantly looking for food or following me everywhere. This may be related to something else though and the vet has spoken about doing a full blood test soon to check as it was done about 3 months ago at previous vets

I’m really sorry that Bo remains so uncomfortable, but it sounds as though you’re doing everything you can to sort things out. I have to agree that a full blood panel will be a good idea if nothing improves. One question...you say you’re increasing her back up to 30 mg. — had she recently been taking less than that?

As always, thanks so much for letting us know, and we’ll continue to keep our fingers crossed in the hope that things will soon get better for your sweet girl.

Marianne

Marianne our old vet reduced Bo to 20mg when her blood test result was 28 (two and a half hours after vetoryl). That was the week i decided to move vets. We had left her on that dose until the result of the pre vetoryl results came back.