Thread: Happy mothers day 2019

Default Happy mothers day 2019

Greetings to all,

I just wanted to make the time to wish everyone, and I mean everyone, a very Happy Mother’s Day weekend. No matter what, if any human being has ever nurtured a living, breathing being, no matter what species, we are all mothers.

For that very reason I personally am proud and humbled to be in the company of some of the finest most caring people I shall have ever been in contact with in my lifetime. Blessings to you all. Karen

Default Re: Happy mothers day 2019

Thank you so much, Karen! You are absolutely correct - 2 legs or 4, bare skin or fur, feathers, scales - we love them like our own, as a mother would. For some of us, they help fill a void carried for the remainder of our days, giving us purpose and joy and most certainly love. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day to you as well!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thanks, for sure! In so many ways, this is a pretty rough weekend for me after losing my mom in January. Also, we have to take Luna in on Monday to get that dang growth taken off her eyelid :-((((. I’ve already shed tears and expect there are more to come. But I’ve also smiled, too. My mom always loved helping me plant my window boxes and herb pots on Mother’s Day weekend (after moving down here to Georgia, at least — it still may be too early elsewhere...). Rain had been predicted for today, so I was already feeling gloomy when I woke up. But so far, no rain. And it was cloudy and cool enough that it was a pleasure to do the planting. Physically, I was all by myself. But in spirit, I felt her near me. Guiding me, as always. Not the same, of course. It’ll never be the same. But the planting and the blooms cheered me, nevertheless.

It’s been my privilege to be daughter to an amazing woman, and mother to three amazing furbabies. Only one baby is with me still. But there is still so much to be grateful for. So very much.

Sending my well wishes to all our K9C moms, near and far. We love you all!

Marianne

Oh Marianne, I just want to reassure you as much as I can with regard to the cyst on Luna’s eyelid. My Gracie had one that I ignored too long and it burst open late in the evening and we spent the night with me holding a cool damp washcloth over her eye as it kept draining fluid. These cysts are almost always benign. When I met doc at the door when he opened the next morning I thought she was going to loose her eye. Shows you how frantic I am and how much I don’t know. The only thing she lost was her eyebrow and her beautiful long eyelashes which eventually grew back. I will keep you and Luna in my prayers for a successful outcome on Monday.

This is a tough weekend for me too. Even through the joy of Annie is still with us, There is the big dark shadow of Gracie being gone as well as my own mom who passed in 2007. She loved to garden and we also had a ritual for planting flowers on either mother’s day or the weekend after. Growing up in western Kansas, I never even thought about planting anything until the middle of May or around Mother’s Day. My mom was still mowing her own yard at the young age of 80. I really miss her spirit the same as you miss your mom’s. My mom, for whatever unknown reason to me to this day, was obsessed with pulling weeds and whenever she would come to my home in Hays, she would always greet me at the door with a handful of weeds. I was never sure how to interpret that.

After her passing, I felt like an abandoned orphan. It was horrible and it took me several years to get past that. You are not alone this weekend Marianne. You are are surrounded by people and and a beautiful pup who love you. Even though you may feel alone, your mom is still with you.

I’m not planting anthing this year. Jerry and I have decided to move back to Kansas City to be closer to our four grandchildren, ages 6-14 and growing by the second. I’m the grandma who they only know from birthday cards and Christmas gifts and they deserve more from me. I’m my son’s only living parent and he deserves more of me too. Plus, my grand pup Winston needs to meet his cousin Annie and learn a few things from her—that’s probably a stretch but one can hope.

Hugs, blessings and positive thoughts are coming your way. Estes Park forever. Karen

Karen, thanks so much for your sweet reply and for sharing your dear memories, too. In addition to the removal of the growth, Luna's gonna have a dental tomorrow, as well. So that means she'll have to be more heavily sedated than just for the eyelid -- and that's really the part I always dread. I know she should be fine, but I always worry until she wakes back up again and is "herself" once again. But that's our job as moms, isn't it -- to worry...???

But once again, Happy Mother's Day to all our family here. I just now saw a touching Instagram posting by Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, during her first week as a mom. I'll post a link to the Instagram photo itself, because it's very dear. The photo was taken against a backdrop of Forget-Me-Nots, which are described as being Princess Diana's favorite flower. As happy as Harry must be over the baby, he must be especially missing his mom, too, and the photo is such a sweet tribute. But what especially struck me was this brief poem written by Nayyirah Waheed that Meghan included:

Quote from “lands”:

my
    mother
    was
    my first country;
    the first place i ever lived.
    These few words are so touching to me. They make me cry, but strangely in a good way. I've never before thought of the magic of the bond in quite that same way.

Anyway, here's the link to the full Instagram post. So sweet!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXS3l4p...ource=ig_embed

That's so sweet, Marianne. I'll be thinking of you and Luna tomorrow...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.