Thread: Newly Diagnosed

Default Newly Diagnosed

Hello,

My fur baby was just diagnosed as having Cushing's Disease this past Wednesday. I am completely devastated and I don't really know what to expect. Our vet has recommended an ultra sound for the next step. I have put the lab numbers below-any advice, thoughts, etc. are appreciated. I'm scared for Maggie moo.

LDDS results
    Pre.- 4.5
    4hr.- 4.4
    8hr.- 3.6

Thank you.

Default Re: Newly Diagnosed

Hi to you and Maggie Moo. I had a Siamese cat who I loved dearly, his name was Ahmoon and I always called him Moo, my Moo. Anyway, could you please post all the blood work that led to Moo's diagnosis. The vet must've done a complete blood panel before the LDDS test shown here. Just the highs and lows, with the reference ranges...others more knowledgeable than I am will be along to ask more questions. Can you also tell us what symptoms Moo has. The more information, the better.

I am on my second Cushing's dog and truly understand what you are feeling now. We all do on this forum.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Welcome from me, too! Joan has gotten you off to an excellent start, and as she says, we’ll all be able to comment in greater detail once we have a bit more information in hand. In the meantime, I can reassure you that an abdominal ultrasound is a very reasonable next step. Maggie’s LDDS results could be produced by either a pituitary or an adrenal tumor, and the ultrasound can provide valuable insight into making that determination. It also can provide helpful info re: the status of other internal organs, as well. So I think you’re on the right track, and we’ll be awaiting those results right alongside you.

We surely do understand how scary this new diagnosis must feel, and that’s why we’ll do our best to answer your questions and support you both! We’re so glad you’ve found us, and we look forward to learning more about your sweet girl.

Marianne

Thank you for your reply. Is there a way attach a copy of the tests?

Thank you!

Hi! Welcome to you and Moo!

The best way is to simply type in the abnormal results including normal ranges plus the little letters that follow such as:

APL 3200 ug/dl 150-300
    BUN 13 Mnol/L 2-10
    (These are examples ONLY - not typical normal ranges)

We only need to see the ones that are too high or too low.

Hugs'
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.