Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Reunion!! — 10th Anniversary Celebration for k9cushings.com

Default Re: Reunion!! — 10th Anniversary Celebration for k9cushings.com

Wooo Hooooooooooooooo!! Jen, it’s so great to see you here this morning (or maybe it’s tonight or tomorrow morning to you — I can’t ever keep the time zones and date lines straight!). That’s one of the many things that was so wonderful about you and Alison being here, you girls were an essential part of the round-the-clock ER team :-)))))).

Of course we’ll never forget Buddy and Nelson and Phoebe, and I’m so glad you still have your two boys with you after losing Janey. Since Barkis, I’ve loved and lost my Peg, and now my “baby” Luna will soon be turning eleven. It all goes by far too fast. And as you probably read above, my mom died in January, too. So it sounds as though you and I are facing some similar sorrows and burdens.

Anyway, it’s fabulous to see you back here! Thanks so very much for joining in. And please don’t think of yourself as not being strong enough insofar as departing us. I think we all cope with our strength and weaknesses in different ways. I ended up staying here, but not because I was feeling strong — instead, just the opposite. This forum had become a safe little cocoon for me to settle into, and in some ways distracted and buffered me from having to deal with other challenges in my life. At any time, day or night, I could log in here and rejoin my K9C family, and busy myself with the world of Cushing’s. So that has been a genuine comfort and shelter for me, but it has also been a trade-off in terms of time spent away from being more brave about trying other new things. I do believe we all come here with a clear unity of purpose — to do the very best we can for our dogs. Whether or not we then end up staying may have more to do with “us,” after all, and what we’re needing most at the time. And that’s my psychotherapy nugget for today ;-)))))).

I love remembering those early times when we were all together here, though, and I wish you the best, always! (And if you’d ever wish to tell us more about Luke and Joey, we’d love to hear...)

Some of our former members aren't able to post here; it's just too hard to revive the memories, they can't remember their log in info, or they were members at cc.net but never members of K9C. With their permission I am copying the replies they left on a Facebook private message I started about our 10 year Anniversary.

From Pia's mom:
    Thank you! I don't know what I'd have done without that board when my Pia was living and dying with Cushing's. It's so important to me to see her spot on In Loving Memory. I's been 6 years, and tears are falling just tying this out.
    From Shysie's mom:
    This board helped my baby and me know what to ask, how to understand labs, how to react in emergency’s and truly feel the auppprt of its members saved me from a break down. Members kept me strong for my baby, held my hand, and stood by even while at doctors......angels were with us always.
    From Casey's mom:
    The people that I met at K9 cushings new more than my vets about how to treat my Casey girl. She passed in 2012 after a long happy life at almost 16 years of age. Bless each and everyone of you that helped me through that trying time ❤️ Love you all !! You all helped me so much with my Casey !! Could not have done it without you ��
    From Max's mom:
    I cant post �� but Maxwell Joseph and I will be eternally grateful for this group. Without them he would've left me so much sooner. Love you all!
    From Freedom's mom:
    I really appreciated this group when Freedom was dealing with Cushings. Y’all helped me very much.
    From Truffa's and Nina's mom:
    This group was so very special to me too, I don't think I could have make it without the support of all of you. I'd be forever GRATEFUL ��������
    From Nike's (aka HRH) and Kenai's mom:
    HRH ( affectionately added to her name by I can not remember who) Nike who lived till a few days before her 13 birthday. Lived 5 years with this horrible disease. Her vet contributed her longevity with Cushings was due to the close connection we had, how well I understood and knew her and could tell when her cortisol was high or low and get it treated before it got out of hand. I still miss her. I love this post as I fondly remember you all and am very thankful for the help I received when this dreadful disease was diagnosed. She was one of a kind ( she also had diabetes Insipidis) which complicated things tremendously. Hugs to all.
    From Lucky's and Marco's (aka The Fluffs) mom:
    You all helped me so much with Lucky and Marco. I will always appreciate all of you as well. I remember Nike too. ((HUGS))
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie, thank you so much for enabling us to see these messages! Each and every one is so special and so meaningful. Once again, so many memories resurface about each one of these sweet pups and their moms! All throughout these years, everybody has truly helped one another -- it's been a joint effort all along the way. So many aunties and uncles stepping up to support us and our furbabies whenever help was needed. It warms my heart to know that many of these folks still find ways to keep in touch with one another. I do understand why it may not be here. But it confirms my hope that a lasting family has been formed, and contact continues among many folks in one way or another. That is a wonderful legacy, indeed!

Marianne

Happy 10th Anniversary my sweet cushfriends. Tears are flowing at remembering so many sad/happy times with all the faithful still here and those choosing to move on. I knew in my heart though that I would return someday seeking the love and compassion I found here 19 years ago. It has been an experience unlike any other and the bond shared through it all will never be broken. I would not trade those years for anything and will always have a love for my fellow cushmoms. God love and bless you all.

Oh Shelba, I’m so glad you stopped by and bumped up this thread! Maybe some other alums may see it and check back in with us again, too. So many experiences and memories have been shared throughout the years here — I’m hoping that any time a member of our K9C family returns to us, they’ll stop by to greet us, as well. It’s so wonderful to talk with you again :-)))

Love ya!
    Marianne