Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Reunion!! — 10th Anniversary Celebration for k9cushings.com

Default Re: Reunion!! — 10th Anniversary Celebration for k9cushings.com

So much activity! Just like when I started a little over three years ago...and yes, Marianne getting up in the morning and reading about everyone is wonderful. The really nice thing is that it's all good news. I wasn't around for a lot of these stories, so it's fun for me to listen to you all telling them.

Keep them coming!!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Yes Marianne, I must drop by more often. I've missed that warm, welcoming feeling when someone replies to your message! I certainly remember those times when you wonder if someone on the other side of the world will be awake to answer your questions. And they were, more often than not!
    We are off in our caravan on Tuesday to the seaside we were at when we had to let Spicey go. It's always sad driving past the vet hospital where she spent her last few days. But then it's happy memories of Spicey and Brin running on our favourite beach together. Awww. I might even post some photos of Tess on there when we return.
    Bye for now,
    Linda x

Hi Linda! So good to see you again! I remember Spicy and Brin so very well but it's hard to believe Tess will be five already! My mind knows it's been 10 years since we came back together here at K9C but in my heart it often feels like yesterday when we were all chatting and sharing daily. I hope you have a nice trip and do stop in again when you can!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Just “bumping up” in the hope that some more alums may see us and stop by to post ;-))).

Hi to my friends here . I now suffer the loss of my baby and the loss of the man I was going to marry . One side of my wall is pictures of my baby , on the other side pictures of him . I attend grief classes for his loss , but I still come here for support for my little baby . Only this group knows that type of loss. I do find some comfort here . I will be ok , I have no choice . Thank you for always being here .

Oh Dawn, I’m so grateful that we can offer you at least a bit of comfort. I’m still in shock over the death of your fiancι last Thanksgiving. What a cruel, cruel twist of fate just as you were trying to find your legs again after losing your baby. But we’ll always honor and remember her here, and we’ll do our best to support you as you work to find a new path forward. It has to be so hard. But just as you say, I know you will find a way. And thank you for all the kind words that you’ve always offered to support others here, as well. I think that’s been the heart of our mission here, all these years — to support one another through thick and thin. So even though these are such hard times, it’s so good to see you here on this thread, Dawn. And to have you with us, always, as a member of our family.

Hello to all my beautiful long time k9 friends! Wow, I cannot believe I am back here and seeing all your comments brings back so many warm memories of our time here, helping and loving one another. Finding the amazing people behind this forum was a Godsend for sure. You all helped me save my precious Princess & I will never take that for granted. As some of you may know, the last 5 years since we released Princess went spiraling down with my own health and was dxΒ’d with breast cancer. Surgeries and everything else tied to cancer. I am doing well and am an official 5 yr survivor! Whatever that means. Woot wooooot though! Lol. It is so great to come here and see so many familiar faces. I love you all to pieces & always will hold a very special place in my soul.
    While we have not still rescued another puppy, a little bundle of joy kitty did fall into our arms a month after Princess departed. He is a sweet cuddly bunny & while he can never ever fill our hole in our hearts, he certainly has earned a very special place in our hearts and lives. Chico is doglike at times and very gentle soul. Seems the gentle ones always find us & we are good with that.
    My dear friends, what a pleasure it has been to read all of your posts. Catching up is certainly enlightening.
    I love you & all your sweet furbabies.
    God Bless & tight ones OOOOOOΒ’s
    Jeanette :-)

Jeanette,

I am so very glad you were able to come back and say "HOWDY!" for our 10 year anniversary! Your precious Princess has never and will never be forgotten...and nor will you, sweet lady. Of the many blessings this forum has given me, friends like you are the greatest. We are bound through our love for our cush babies and the journeys we took with them here as well as through our darling Terri. So many joys and laughs, and yes tears, form the cement that will hold thru the years to come. Thank you so much for dropping in to say Hi and for remaining in my life.

Much love and many hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

How great to see so many old friends still stopping in for the Reunion thread. Waving madly at each and every one!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Oh Jeanette, as soon as I saw Princess’ face lighting up this thread, I was so happy cuz I knew you had rejoined us! I’ve always loved your avatar sooooooooo much . So many memories of your sweet, sweet girl. And so many memories of YOU! It’s wonderful to hear from you, and to know that you’ve reached this milestone in your health journey. That is so huge. I also love hearing about little Chico. I grew up with cats and still love them. Hubby does, too, but he’s horribly allergic, so unfortunately our house has no felines. But they make wonderful companions, too, and it sounds like that’s exactly what you’ve got with Chico.

Don’t be a stranger, girl! Now that you’ve checked back in, we’d love to keep the updates coming...

Tight hugs flying right back atcha!
    Marianne