Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reunion!! — 10th Anniversary Celebration for k9cushings.com

Default Re: Reunion!! — 10th Anniversary Celebration for k9cushings.com

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful idea. So good to see so many faces that bring back memories and that have been missed for so long.

I honestly cannot imagine having to go through the journey that we each went through with our own furry friends (my molly muffin for me) without this board and without the wonderful and knowledgeable people who run it, participate in it and love it.

I came in like so many, not knowing what the heck cushings is, what to do for molly to help her, nothing about medications and testing thats for sure and here I learned all of that and so much more.

Love you guys! What a fab idea this is.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hey, Sharlene!

So great to see you! I've missed you. How is the new puppy? How are you? How is your husband? So many questions!! I'll never forget how kind you were and how you helped me cope with Lena's diagnosis and death. I don't know what I would have done without this forum, and my friends who I love dearly!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Hi Joan, yes I remember Lena well, and I remember the tears and sorrow too. So much of that here and I don't know how any of us would have gotten through that time without this place and the wonderful ppl here. We cried so many tears together and laughed just as often. Which is good, there has to be a balance.

Puppy is a trial and either a big or a little stinker. We have a behaviorist coming out on the 20th to try and help with her aggression and behavior issues. For a little thing she sure can cause a huge ruckus.

Hubby is good. He's tried to scale his job back more even as mine has increase. We really need to get on the same page. He is now Very involved in racquetball so that is his thing. We have another grandbaby in the family as of last month. You know all the regular hooplala. LOL
    How about you? Whatsa happening in your life these days?
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Lol! So funny about the puppy. Sibble decided that she didn't want to be a therapy dog anymore, she started attacking Victor's clients. We decided she should stay hone, but now she's as nutty as the rest of them. She has gotten very bossy and aggressive with the other dogs. Is very mean to Gable sometimes and I worry that he might not be feeling well one day and just let her have it. But I take her everywhere with me when I'm home.

My mom is bedridden now with the Alzheimer's and I take Sibbie with me every week to see her at my sister's. My mom doesn't know who she is, and doesn't remember Lena at all, which makes me so sad considering all the times we used to go to PA and mom would have a dish of water and food waiting, along with her favorite toy.

Josh has had some problems in the last couple of years, but is finally back on track, although he is half the size of his classmates and his brother who is 4 years younger. His sense of humor has returned and he is not so self conscious. The weight is finally coming off...

I still hate having to commute into the city. For 48 years I was only a 20-30 minute car ride away from wherever I worked. Now I am 1 1/2 hours away and two trains! That's a 3 hour commute round trip...and when there is any kind of trouble on the tracks...forget about it!

Other than that, all is well. I am so happy to hear from you again.

Much love to you, hubby and puppy!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I sit here with tears rolling down my face to see you all here again. Some of you I keep up with on Facebook but for others it has been a while and I am SO HAPPY to see you again! Kim and Terry, you were among those who helped me find sanity again when I first came here....and were patient while dealing with a woman on the brink of explosion from grief, anger, fear, and frustration. This forum gave me a reason to keep trying when so many times I wanted to lay down and give up. Truly, I don't know what I would have done or become without this forum and folks like you all who came along at the perfect time. I am LOVING this thread and hope it grows and grows with more of our family showing up!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I am loving it, too!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

I can’t wait to get up in the morning and see what’s happened while I’ve been gone ;-))))

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Quote Originally Posted by labblab View Post
    Terry!!! You’re here!!!! Yippeeeeeee!

And boy, does your quote ever bring a lump to my throat...! So many special souls who have graced our family. I’m soooooooooooooo glad to see you. My original partner in crime — we started out pretty much joined at the hip, and I’ll never forget all the things we’ve shared together. Thank you so much for still preserving the ILM database as well as the member emails. Never again will we lose all that info and precious memories. Never again!

I don’t even know where to begin as far as all the stories we could tell. Even though we’ve never actually gotten to meet face-to-face, I feel like we’ve always been sisters. Really, all of us girls here.

OK, I’ve got to go start dinner so I have to run for now. But what a great day so far! This is just the best, all getting together once again. I love it!
    Yep, I remember when we were asked to be moderators in the ILM section so long ago. We shared so many things over the years and even though we have not met in person, you are a part of my family!!!! I was thinking this morning about the mad scramble to search on the net, every ones' computers, wayback machine etc to find photos and listings for the ILM section. We all pulled it together and I was so proud of every one.

I cannot wait to see others here post ~

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt's Mom View Post
    I sit here with tears rolling down my face to see you all here again. Some of you I keep up with on Facebook but for others it has been a while and I am SO HAPPY to see you again! Kim and Terry, you were among those who helped me find sanity again when I first came here....and were patient while dealing with a woman on the brink of explosion from grief, anger, fear, and frustration. This forum gave me a reason to keep trying when so many times I wanted to lay down and give up. Truly, I don't know what I would have done or become without this forum and folks like you all who came along at the perfect time. I am LOVING this thread and hope it grows and grows with more of our family showing up!
    Oh Leslie, I remember when you first registered The hand holding was both ways girl!!!! I have watched as this site has grown and to all the members here ---- you will all always be part of our cush family!!!!!

T.

Big smiles here Missed you Terry. I hope that things are settling down and you are finding peace and happiness after what has been several very trying years with too much stress for a person to go through for so long. HUGS

Leslie I did see on facebook and here where you got the job at the Dollar store, congratulations on that. A new adventure for you and just when you needed it most. (no one wants to camp out in the brothers yard!!!)

Marianne, smiles from you after the year you've had, is great to see (read?) hahahaha so that is wonderful. I think what you need is some music in the garage, just a bit ya know.

Lori, always love to see you too girlfriend! Hows retirement treating you?

So many I have missed seeing. Saskia with her words of wisdom in like our wise woman. Always there to help others out.
    Then the ones that we have missed for far too long, kim, and others, gosh it does the heart good to see the names back even for alittle while.

Happy Anniversary Dear Family,
    I remember well finding you all and will be eternally grateful for the knowledge and support. I remember all our pups so fondly; remember especially the out pouring of love when Zoe ended her Cushing journey. Without all of you, I honestly don’t know what I would have done.
    Good memories too, memories that make me smile and fill my heart with love.
    Oh goodness, hearing from Kim was awesome, grateful for Sas and Terry’s updates too, all of you, really
    Sending love to all.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter