Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reunion!! — 10th Anniversary Celebration for k9cushings.com

Default Re: Reunion!! — 10th Anniversary Celebration for k9cushings.com

Quote Originally Posted by frijole View Post
    It was awesome to hear about the reunion! I was an active member for many years - this board helped me save my little Haley from a vet that was clueless on how to test for cushings and administer drugs. She lived to 16 and her adopted sister Annie developed what they thought was cushings but ended up being a rare pheochromocytoma tumor. The love and wisdom shared by members on this board helped me keep what sanity I had left. I love you all! I've never gotten another dog - guess the extensive nursing just left me 'spent'. I am a regular babysitter to my brother's dog Lucy though. So good to know the board still exists and serves those in need. Question - what is the current drug of choice and protocol? Has it gotten any easier? Are vets more educated? I sure hope so. Sending hugs to all. Kim
    Kim!!!!!!! It’s so great to see you here . You are being way too modest, girl! Folks, Kim was not only an active member — she was a founding staffer, and was one of that group working so hard ten years ago. When I just now logged on myself, I can’t tell you how great it was to see “frijole’s” little green light turned on once again. Just like old times!

As far as Cushing’s protocol, I sure wish I could tell you there’ve been some great advances, but we’re still awaiting a breakthrough. We keep hearing about some new meds being researched, but trilostane and Lysodren are still the accepted treatments. And sadly, a lot of vets remain pretty uninformed. So to that extent, not a whole lot has changed. There’ve been improvements in the radiation treatment for macrotumors, though, so that’s a plus.

But boy, it’s great to see you back here. I gotta tell you, I still think of you every time the Huskers face the Hawkeyes ;-). And your little niece Lucy is a very lucky puppy to have her Aunt Kim as a babysitter. I do understand about the exhaustion of caregiving. You were such a wonderful mom to both Haley and Annie, even making all those trips down to K-State. Are you still working so hard yourself? If so, that makes the notion of another dog even more of a challenge. Now that Luna’s almost eleven, hubby’s been pressing for another pup in the household. But I’m just not ready, for several reasons. Barkis and Peg had so many health problems, and then also being responsible for hubby’s mom and my mom — I just don’t have the strength right now to start fresh again. But we’ll see what the future will hold.

Anyway, thanks so much for checking in and posting a note. You’ve started off my day with such a huge smile!

I retired 3 years ago! Am loving it - other than healthcare which is a challenge since I'm 61. I'm headed to Baltimore tomorrow for a college reunion with the girlfriends. Oh yes - I bet you do think of me during those games. I'm still a fan and as you know we are beyond excited to finally have a competent man leading the charge. The easy wins are behind you haha. I hope some of the other retirees post. We sure shared some eventful episodes trying to save dogs from clueless vets.

Are you a hoops fan at all? I think you also just got a really good guy in Fred Hoiberg. We loved him in Ames before he went to the Bulls.

Congrats on retiring! Have a great trip to Baltimore and please maybe do check in again throughout this next month. I’m hoping some others of the old crew will also be stopping by ;-).

I've been to a few games as our arena is spectacular. We are very excited to have the Mayor in town! Hoping he can get us our first NCAA tournament win EVER - only top school to never win. No where to go but up. LOL I will definitely keep checking in.

That’ll be great! We’ve heard from both Cushy and Jenny, and hopefully they’ll be posting soon, too.

So stay tuned...

Hi Kim!!!! (waving wildly!!!) man, I sure do miss you and am so happy to see that you have posted!!

Awesome!

Waving wildly back! Hugs sent too!

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Oh Kim, Sas, Bonnie, Leslie, Marianne, Natalie and so many others. . . . my dearest cushfriends!!!!!
    It brings back so many memories all these years!!!!! It actually brings tears to my eyes thinking about all of ya'll as we rebuilt this site from scratch and scrambled for weeks to bring everyone back together again!!!! I have not been so active here these past several years as my life turned completely upside down and I am rebuilding it. I miss so many of you as you are such a part of life FOREVER, but am keeping all the In Loving Memory listings and photos safe and sound along with the memberships' emails so we never loose them again. For those of you who remember the very early beginning of this cush journey the - e board . . . . where we "early ones" met, supported each other, cried with each other and built a legacy for others .....Cushy you are still around (I need to give you my new Facebook name).
    Saskia!!! I need to get back in touch with you ..... are you on Facebook? Kim, how can I get in touch with you?

Happy Anniversary to all!!!!!!
    Terry
    (Class of 2003)

And I am sure Rags and Patrick are smiling and remembering all of us . . .

And I am sure Rags and Patrick are smiling and remembering all of us . . .
    Terry!!! You’re here!!!! Yippeeeeeee!

And boy, does your quote ever bring a lump to my throat...! So many special souls who have graced our family. I’m soooooooooooooo glad to see you. My original partner in crime — we started out pretty much joined at the hip, and I’ll never forget all the things we’ve shared together. Thank you so much for still preserving the ILM database as well as the member emails. Never again will we lose all that info and precious memories. Never again!

I don’t even know where to begin as far as all the stories we could tell. Even though we’ve never actually gotten to meet face-to-face, I feel like we’ve always been sisters. Really, all of us girls here.

OK, I’ve got to go start dinner so I have to run for now. But what a great day so far! This is just the best, all getting together once again. I love it!